I won't cut my beard!

by caballoSentado 20 Replies latest jw friends

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Some time ago I learned of the UN affair & saw the truth...I am fading away now so I have not been attending meetings regularly for some time, specially the book study. Two days ago, I learned that a letter was read in my book study regarding personal attire, and it was said that one should not grow a beard (this letter was not read in any of the other book studies). They say you are not a good christian, you are not spiritual, if you grow a beard. well, I WONT CUT MINE. I would like them to show me, with the bible, why I cannot wear a beard!.

Caballo Sentado

• Celia
    Celia

Jesus, as most if not all Jewish men of his time had a beard....

So if Jesus can do it.....................

• professor
    professor

Beard pics anyone? Here's me:

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I would like them to show me, with the bible, why I cannot wear a beard!.

"You must not round off the corners of the hair on your head or ruin the corners of your beard." - Leviticus 19:27

Oh, hang on...

Edited by - funkyderek on 28 June 2002 14:19:23

• heathen
    heathen

I agree they take the beard thing way to serious .When I was a book study I argued in favor of beards which seemed to cause all kinds of contreversy . They insisted that a beard was somekind of social status that represented radicals and homosexuals . What a f@^&k ing joke

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

The purpose of not growing a beard is quite obvious, so nobody will be stumbled. I have been stumbled many a-time by a beard. I mean look at them, hair on the face is just not natural...

Look at the people who wear beards...Santa Clause, Satan, Darwin, Sigmond Freud, Greek philosphers, the list goes on and on....like Russle, Rutherford, ect...

• professor
    professor

truthseeker1 LOL!

• Francois
    Francois

The beard thing was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I grew one, had privileges removed, questioned the reasons, received no scriptural responses, then asked questions about all that had been dogging me for years, still no answers. I left.

Best thing I ever did for myself.

Francois

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seek a meeting with your group study conductor. Ask him what is his game in reding "Letters" to the group in yout absence that directly concern you. Why did he not provide "Loving personal counsel" if he feels he has a point to make? I bet that he owes you shepherding visit.

Then gently move the conversation on to some of the other stuff you can pick up on this board. You might even get him to think?

• Stealth
    Stealth

When I grew my beard, no formal anouncment was made however I started to get shunned by the brothers and sisters, I was not informed of any outside activites going on, I was viewed as spiritually week or unspiritual. I was even stood up several times by elders who I asked to go out in service with me because they did not want to apear to support my beard to the other brothers and sisters.

After a few months of attending meetings with a beard I mentioned to a family that I knew well that I was going to get a Tattoo, the sister freaked out and told me it was wrong from the bible, I asked her to show me where, She showed me Leviticus 19:28 which says you should not get a tattoo. I asked her to read the scripture just before that, Leviticus 19:27 as quoted in this post that you should not trim your beard. I asked her if we were to obey one law would we not have to obey all of them and that the brothers should all start growing beards. She never said another word. There is nothing in the bible to justify this policy.

What I have learned is JWs judge way too much on outward appearance and not on the heart condition of people.

One brother a MS servent was treating his wife very badly, speaking abusive to her, controling every aspect of her life, the brothers did nothing to this brother and in fact told his wife that "being a jerk is not a disfellowshiping offense" But if someone grows a beard... look out... they are from satan. What a joke this religion is.

-S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit