Will this work?

by SpiceItUp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Ok. I am thinking of trying this to maybe get my family to start questioning things.

Here's what I want to do. I want to get one of the Ray Franz books and casually leave it available for them to pick up. My mother is not that bright to where she may think its something my dad brought home and open it up. She is very nosy and I think the curiosity would get the better of it. My dad is a bit smarter but he also wasn't raised as a JW (he was born Catholic) and therefore he might not be in such a grip as he could be. He does go out inservice but not very often, and has only held one position, a MS, and only for a short time and it was several years ago. Not to mention he loves to read.

I would also like to try this on my sister when I visit her in August. (she likes to read all sorts of things to stay informed and may just pick up the book)

Do you think this might work? Has anyone here tried anything like this? If so what was the outcome?

And since I have not read either book by Ray Franz....which would be the better one to use?

Or is this just a bad idea altogether.

I would appreciate any input in this as I feel that if I was able to get one questioning it..the others would follow.

Spice

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

HI! Seems like ALL the witnesses know about Franz being an apostate & not to touch that book. I think the cover alone would give it away. BUT, if you read the crisis of conscience book on your own- you will get SEVERAL tips on how to proceed. It was VERY eye opening to me & helpful in dealing with my family. GOOD LUCK!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Are there any other good books out there that aren't widely known as "Apostate literature" with the dubs?

Also I still think my mother may inadvertenly pick it up, she not terribly bright and has a bad memory with names.

PerfectionSeeker- Have you read his other book as well?....and thanks for the suggestion.

Spice

• Quotes
    Quotes

Its not a book, but my website has proved helpful to some reveal the idiocy and hypocrisy of The Society:

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

It only contains quotes from The Society's publications, or in a few rare instances, their spokesmen.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Spice-

Do you have any of the annual bound volumes or the old books no longer being used?

If so, I HIGHLY recommend you take Quotes advice and use his website to find the dates of Watchtower publications which contradict one another.

It is much easier to get an active Dub to look at older Watchtower articles than it would be an outside source. In fact, they are ENCOURAGED to study older WT magazines.

May 15th, 1957 Watchtower pp.313-315

Appreciating Basic Christian Publications

There is much in the way of spiritual riches and aids toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study is most certainly worth your time.

By viewing that website, you will find an OVERABUNDANCE of information which clearly shows contradictions and two-faced hypocrisy found within Watchtower doctrine.

With this information I have aided 6 people out of the JW cult in less than 1 year.

If you want to discuss this further, shoot me an email.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Quotes - Thanks...I will check it out when I get home.

Reborn - Good idea. My parents have many of the older volumes and I can get access to them easily.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Spice, I have read both books. CofC is more basic but definitely started to let the light shine. Reading SofCF infuriated me. It got into the real meat of the deceit of the WTS and how they interpret scripture to their own liking.

I would suggest that you read both books yourself before giving them to your family. You won't be able to have a conversation about it with them unless you have read it yourself.

Good luck!

Shauna

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Yeah, what are you thinking? You wouldn't offer the Watchtower and Awake! magazine without reading them first, would you? Wait... bad example.

Hmmm

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

LOL hmmmm!!! i thought i was the only one who did that!!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

While I would like to think that it would work I'd have to think they may freak out a bit if they saw that book on the table. But what the heck, it's worth a shot!

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit