The Story of Berta

by larc 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Oh cmon peeps.

You know Ratherflawed was shooting blanks.

Lisa

(JeHoovered....funny shit)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Larc,

I suppose that you have to tip your hat to the 'Theocrats' who cunningly changed the words of the song from, "Won't you be my chauffeur" to "Won't you be my nutritionst".....lol

On a more serious note and for the lurkers who lurk, was any hard evidence of this relationship left behind? Letters, etc. I know that you and others have spoken of this affair last year, but I have forgotten the details.

Kindest - HS

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

rutherford knew the same thing that jim and tammy baker, and russel and alot of the jw higher ups like their lawyers know,,,,,,,,,,,............. it's ok to do anything you want, anything, even adultry, lying and murder, .......as long as you don't tell anyone or advertize it...........they are spiritually ahead of the flock........

• larc
    larc

Beck, Berta left here husband in 1938 after 15 years of marriage. They had no children. In 1940, Berta's husband got a divorce. Yes, I have a picture of her, that was taken in the late 40's. She was in her fourties and was still a very beautiful woman. I also, saw her a few times in the 50's when she visited relatives in Ohio. Someone asked about Rutherford's wife. He did not live with his wife by the time that Berta came along. Regarding docuementation, I have a copy of her marriage license, and the divorce papers that her husband filed. Some detail about Berta (Mrs. Peel) can be found in the Olin Moyle trial transcripts. Edited to add: I used the word nuitritionist. I don't know why I used that word. The proper word is, dietition.

Edited by - larc on 28 June 2002 13:13:35

• teejay
    teejay

>> Now, what inferences to you make of this account

Larc?

You a funny man... no doubt about it. Look...

Rutherford was a lawyer. In other words, he knew the law. The Judge didn't give a damn about god, Gee-Hovah, the Brotherhood... any of that bullshit. Even back then, he was way ahead of where the typical Dub is today. He was a wolf, you understand, a wild animal among meek, clueless sheep. He was out to get *his*.

It's clear. He had Caddys, a penthouse in Manhattan, and a mansion on the shores of the Pacific; he mixed it up w/ the politicians on their prohibition (since he, like me, liked the suds); he was able to kick the clergy and got rousing ovations when he did. He traveled all over the world on somebody else's dime and, since he convinced most of his listeners that god was behind it all, was treated like a king everywhere he went. Hell, this man had a ball.

He also had a babe (or four) to... uh... service him.

Hey! I know that I don't have a lot of company when I say this, but I ain't mad at the guy. See... one of the best scams you can pull on ordinary, run of the mill people in one way or another involves "god."

Rutherford simply knew the game; inserted himself legally into this thing that dufus Russell started up; played to win; and went out and did just that. He won! Judge Rutherford won.

Don't we all want to win? He was a lawyer who, I am CERTAIN, died with a smile on his face. "Good for him," I say. May we all be so lucky.

-------------------------

p.s. Prisca wondered: How did people manage to have affairs and yet not get pregnant in those days? Since this is before the invention of the Pill, and modern condoms.

I don't have the factual answer, but I saw a movie once. I think it was called The Cider House Rules. Hated it the first time I saw it, but after a while, it began to grow on me...

• larc
    larc

hey Tejay, if you put it that way, Berta didn't have it too bad either. Born and raised in a poor family, moved on to some modicum of comfort, then got to become a world traveler, live in mansions, and be a part of the elite. She had an elegant demeanor. I don't know if she was born with it or developed it over time.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

BTT for new members

• arwen
    arwen

Very interesting!! Thanks for bumping..

• millie210
    millie210

This makes for great reading thats for sure (thank you Balaamsass) but I wonder how much can be verified?

Are there any pictures of Rutherford with a cigar?

Any eye witnesses to heavy drinking? An affair/s?

It all makes for titillating reading though, I have to say that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit