The Story of Berta

by larc 18 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

The Story Of Berta - Berta was born in 1900 in Pitt County, North Carolina in the country outside of Greenville. When she was ten years old her father died in a hunting accident. When she was 22, her oldest brother, Frank, moved the family, the four sisters and another brother to Ohio to find a better life in the north, in a factory town. Shortly after moving to Ohio, Berta married. Sometime in the 20's, she and her three sisters became Bible Students. In the late 1920's, Berta met Bonnie Boyd, who worked at Bethel. In the 1930's, Berta went to a European convention with Bonnie, where Berta met Rutherford. In June of 1938, Berta left her husband and her home in Ohio and moved to Bethel. She was given the job of nutritionist for Rutherford, despite the fact that he already had one, a male. After joining the Bethel family, Berta traveled with Rutherford to European conventions in the summer and to Beth Sarim in the winter. After Rutherford died, Berta lived at Beth Sarim until it was sold. After that, that she pioneered until her death in the late 1960's. Berta was a very beautiful woman. She was always elegantly dressed, and she maintained her soft "southern bell" accent, even though she had left the south at a very early age. Now, how do I know all this? Berta was my mother's aunt.
    Now, what inferences to you make of this account

Edited by - larc on 28 June 2002 3:1:55

• finnrot
    finnrot

It means she snared this poor innocent man with her phoney southern accent.

• larc
    larc

yes sir, poor rutherford sure was a poor innocent man. i think you got it right.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I love old stories like that. Do you have any pics of Berta. What become of her husband? Did she divorce him or just leave him? Do you think she was having a secret affair with Rutherford? Did she die childless?

I love these stories...do you have any more?

Beck

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

fine stroy,

another Berta was witnessed by Friedrich Krupp AG in Germany. As she was made fat, she was called the "fat Berta".

she was heavy made from special steel and was used in ww1 as weapon against France and the others of the allies.

Fat Berta was the canon that shot large shells behind the frontline.

Her voice was yet not soft, but mighty. but she did not find the way to the Judge, who prefered to live in the house of the princes.

but if the krauts would have get him, they would have fired him by Berta into outer spaces where no spirit drinks were available.

poor Berta, no joy, no toy by the joyous judge

• avengers
    avengers

This means that Rutherford wasn't as stupid as he's made out to be.

• Prisca
    Prisca

How did people manage to have affairs and yet not get pregnant in those days? Since this is before the invention of the Pill, and modern condoms.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Simple, Rutheford Je-Hoovered the little swimmers out of her.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Larc: Inference. If Berta would have married JFR, then Rutherford would have been your great uncle ... close call. Whew !!! ... considering that Rutherford lived the life whiles others suffered, including his cigars, and booze, etc. ... then it does not surprise me that he had a beautiful woman around ... I also assume by the time Berta moved in with Rutherford, that his wife and son no longer lived with him ... mmm ... says a lot about those Jehovah uses to lead his people deep in this time of the end.

Finnrot: When I read your one-liner about "Je-Hoovered " I spit my coffe out.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm pretty sure condoms have been around for several centuries. They may not have been as effective as the modern condom, but people used them since it was all they had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit