Interested in running the Watchtower Observer?

by Kent 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

After reading all the comments about the Watchtower Observer, and knowing the amount of traffic the site is generating, I have come to the decition it would be a shame to let the site itself go down in flames.

So, here is the deal:

Im interested in someone who is willing to run the Watchtower Observer, and by that Im talking about taking over the observer.org domain!

There is a few considerations, though. First, everything from the Watchtower Observer will have to be transferred from the site of today to the new site and I mean everything! This means servers inside the will probably be less interesting. My experience is that US ISPs are real cowards and they are all to eager to please assholes threatening them by letters from lawyers.

As you all know, the Watchtower Observer carry the Pay Attention To Yourselves And To All The Flock in 7 or so languages, and a lot of other material. Also, some hundred BOE letters should be published, one by one, and stuff like that. For the Watchtower Observer to deserve the name, the site needs to stand up to the ideals its always done. Publish whats the real truth stay away from saving people or telling them one belief is better than the other and tell whiners and idiotic lawyers to bugger off if they try to sensor the material published.

So Im considering letting someone take over the Watchtower Observer, the name, the domain, the whole thing.

Naturally, the one taking over and I will need to agree to some rules and some terms. Not because Im some kind of control freak, rather the fact that the Watchtower Observer is the oldest of its kind - the first real Ex-JW site on the net. And the reputation its got is founded on some extremely clear rules and some extremely simple principles of publishing.

Provided I can make an agreement with the right person, Im considering trying to get this rolling. Not because of me but because so many people has told me about the institution and the symbolic value the site do have. Also, the only ones with a reason to celebrate the event would be the Watchtower which isnt exactly my dream of a happy end.

So, folks. Dont expect me to spend much time here the next days because I really do have a hell of a lot of meetings and shit to take care of. But the people interested in such a deal and the ones also having the guts to risk the wrath of the losers in the Witchpower Libel & Crap Society please send me a mail.

My address is still [email protected]

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

this is an extremely important post folks so lets keep sending it back up top so it gets the right attention and kent finds his man/woman.

I might be speaking out of turn but in view of the urgent nature of Kents request, even if someone can look after Watchtower Observer in a caretaker role please email the man.

• SYN
    SYN

BTTT

Hopefully The Observer can stay up - it's an invaluable resource that has helped hundreds, if not thousands of people to rescue themselves and others from the clutches of the BORG!

• Simon
    Simon

Just a thought ...

To make it more difficult for the WTS to get things like the elder manual taken down and reduce the pressure on anyone hosting it, how about as many people as possible put it on peer-to-peer networks like KaZaa. If the hollywood and the music biz can't get these things turned off then I don't give the WTS much chance.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

ok...I'm justing kicking this back up to the top....

Good idea btw Simon!

• Valis
    Valis

Kent, I probably have some space for things you think really need to be up, it all does I know, but do let me know if I can help.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

An excellent idea Kent.

Would it not be feasible to have a group run the web site rather than all the hard, expensive and time consuming work falling on the shoulders of one person?

Best - HS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

btt

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

bttt

• Dawn
    Dawn

I do web/html/asp programming & web enabled databases for work. I'd be glad to help out any way possible. I don't have a server of my own that I could house information on (sorry) - but I'd be glad to offer up my time/talents as needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit