a letter to AMERICA's MOST WANTED.

by avengers 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avengers
    avengers

I just received an E-mail from AMW. Here it is. Dear Viewer, Thank you for your email, I will give it to the investigators on the case.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 5:21 AM
    To:[email protected]
    Subject: LISTOF PEDOPHILES UNKNOWN TO AUTHORITIES
    As a former Jehovah's Witness I would like to give the team of America's Most Wanted a suggestion which might have been overlooked!
    Lately there has been a lot of newscoverage on the pedophiles within the Catholic Church. There has also been coverage about the pedophile problem within the Church of Jehovah's Witnesses. Did you know that there are more than 23000 pedophiles on file at the headquarters of this Church. http://www.silentlambs.org The people on file are mostly unknown by the authorities. It might be an idea to check these files to see if any names can be connected to pedophiles whom you are looking for. The congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be a Pedophile Paradise because it is their policy to solve these problems without consulting the proper authorities. It is not uncommon for a pedophile to join this Organisation, keep a low profile, become an elder and so have the trust of unsuspecting children. If somehow we can get a hold of these files at the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, this would be a step forward in uncovering these predators. 23,720 and counting..... Child Molesters on file at the home office in Patterson NY
  • Europe
    Europe

Hi Mary,

I got this forwarded:

Dear Mrs.Anderson,

In harmony with Our conversation on May 17, 2002, the continuation
    of your judicial hearing was held n Sunday May 19, 2002.

The decision rendered by the judicial committee was to
    disfellowship from the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses on the charge
    of causing division.

If you wish to appeal the decision you may submit a written
    letter of appeal to L. Seely within seven days. You should state
    clearly your, reason (s) for requesting an appeal.

Dont know yet if she will appeal!

Ciao,

Europe

• Mary
    Mary

That is so pathetic that they disfellowshipped her on the grounds of "causing division in the congregation"...........what a bunch of assholes. I really, really hope that Barb Anderson sues the pants off these elders that did this. They know full well that they disfellowshipped her because she spoke out on Dateline about the coverup in the Organization.

I read somewher on another post, a letter from her lawyer to the elders on her Judicial Committee that if the harassment didn't stop, he would recommend that Barb assert her rights to freedom of speech which presumably would include a lawsuit. If these elders were sued PERSONALLY, and faced losing their homes or having their paychecks garnished (presuming that they all work and aren't on disability like half the loser elders I know), then they might think twice before the DF her or anyone else for speaking out.

The scandal from any JWs who speak out getting DF'd would be yet ANOTHER appropriate theme for a Dateline or 20/20 show. I'd like to see these elders or even better, the GB subpoenaed in a court of law to explain their pathetic actions. They'd make total idiots out of themselves, I'm sure, but I'd like to see them exposed for the pathetic control freaks that they are.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

If you speak out on something/someone with information that could possibly slander them but is the truth (or cant be proven to be lies) can you be sued by that person for defamation of character, or does it only work if the allegations are proven false?

If that is true then I would recommend Barb..trying to personally sue the elders for deffamation (sp?) of character. That way they can't counter sue her for the same.

Any thought on this?

Spice

• Europe
    Europe

Hi Mary,

"They'd make total idiots out of themselves"

Ofcourse, but if you have 6.000.000 total idiots who believe their crap, what do you expect????

And what other reason than 'causing division" can they use to DF Barbara????

She didnt do anything wrong, the only 'mistake' she made, according to WTS, was going public with it!

And ofcourse they want to kill the messenger! But all those predators are still running free which makes all those kids plain outlaws! Only the thought of it makes me puke;-((

Take care,

Europe

PS; I wrote to 3 Dutch newspapers, but so far I havent heard from them;-(

But last week a tv program in Germany already spent some time on child abuse cases within the J.W. congregations!

But the German J.W.I still email with (dont know for how long I can stand all his pathetic excuses) told me that these people are all paid by the Pope!! Hellooooooo??????? Dont have to ask him whether he is brainwashed or not!!Can you have a double portion of that;-))

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Unc,

Good to be reading your posts again.

I find it hard to believe any JW who allows thier child to ever be placed in a position where they can be molested. This may sound idealistic or fluffy nonsence if not for the fact i have raised two girls completely free of even a hint of any such thing.

This is an interesting comment. Three years ago I cornered a member of Legal of the issue of molestation within the wall of the WTS. He was extremely uncomfortable when my questioning became more focused, but he would not divulge anything whatsoever until he made the following statement, "Put it this way Step, I would never allow any of my children to stay overnight in any home but my own". His implication was clear - that he knew molestation was happening and how it happened.

I suggested to him that his attitude was a little like the Department of Agriculture spokesman in England who throughout the 'mad-cow' contamination issue, insisted publicly that British meat was safe, but privately forbade his family and recommended that his friends not eat it. I also suggested that this was a clear case of hypocrisy, which of course was not taken kindly by him.

As an elder over the years I have handled a number of molestation cases, most involved elders or Ministerial servants who took advantage of quite moments in their own homes to molest visiting children. One particular man had four of his own children whom he had never molested, but had molested other children within the congregation. I turned him over to the authorities and he was given four years in gaol. In all fairness, the WTS who were aware of what I was going to do, did not discourage me from doing this. This was in Europe of course, where far less heed is paid to Brooklyn in the Branches than might be imagined.

Best - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 28 June 2002 14:48:22

Edited by - hillary_step on 28 June 2002 14:49:12

• Mary
    Mary

Did anyone hear anything more about that husband and wife that were supposed Witnesses (I heard they hadn't gone to the hall in 10 years), that literally whipped their daughter to death because the father didn't think she was "looking hard enough" for some keys? I know the Child Welfare dept. has the other kids, as they had all been abused and the parents are being charged with first degree murder.

I didn't know if anything else had transpired with these losers, but if I were running the show, they'd both die the same way they killed their daughter.........sick bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit