Gilead Couples - *gag*

by joeshmoe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

I was just thinking about the snoozefest I used to go through with each new gilead class. The introductions were the worst! Im not sure you get the same feel from the doctored up articles in the WT, but listening to the couples was just maddening.

There was always AT LEAST 3 or 4 couples that would say the EXACT SAME THING: Well, I wanted to be a missionary but couldnt go without a partner and my husband/wife was in the same predicament so we got married and here we are. Didnt Jehovah bless us?

OK, these people dont need a marriage license; they need a business contract. Just crazy!

I wonder if this is an outcropping of how the JWs treat faith, taking out the heart and passion of it and replacing it with structure and rules. I guess they figure if thats how it is with faith, why not love?

There cant be anything healthy about that.

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

makes me want to puke.

imagine their sex life:

*WATCHTOWERS! yes!!! AWAKES! yesss! JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH! jehoooooooooovaaaaaaah!*

"ok, we're done, let's study for tomorrow nights meeting."

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

lol.@ airwlk ..I gotta say one thing

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!! Yuk!

• SYN
    SYN

AirWlk: Yeah, paper cuts suck, especially in the erogenous zones.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It's sad...people in the Org either get married because its a good Political (believe me, this type of spirituality can get very political) match, or because they're simply desparate to have sex. Either way, its bad news.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Yes....but didnt you go through the Watchtowers and look at the Gilead Class Pictures

and match up names and go "How the hell did he get her?" or..."Yeah..I would bang her"

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

joeS --- totally agree with you when you said...

how the JWs treat faith, taking out the heart and passion of it and replacing it with structure and rules."

i met a lot of people in dub city, that i believe had the potential to be really spiritual men or women, but it sort of get's strangled out of them....

since being kicked out, i have met people who have many times more spirituality than the great majority of jws that i knew

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2
    There was always AT LEAST 3 or 4 couples that would say the EXACT SAME THING: Well, I wanted to be a missionary but couldnt go without a partner and my husband/wife was in the same predicament so we got married and here we are. Didnt Jehovah bless us?

OMG, are you SERIOUS? Can you imagine thier sex life? Can you say non-existant!! Holy crapola!

I was just thinking about the snoozefest I used to go through with each new gilead class.

CLASSIC!!

Kisses,

Moe

• LB
    LB

Mike I remember looking through the graduating class photos and thinking the same exact thing, how HE would end up with a babe like her. I guess only men get spiritual blessings????

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I remember trying to match the couple up first, who I thought went with who, and then looking for the answers, it was like a cheap game show during the meeting...and there were a few couples that were like "whoa damn!-good thing they married each other, no one else would have had them"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit