The end of Watchtower Observer?

by Wendy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Wendy
    Wendy

I was so saddened yesterday when I read this post by Kent.

http://kent.steinhaug.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603

There is so much information on WO that have helped thousands of people. I cannot help but feel a bit happy for Kent though, for taking a well deserved break. If the WO is removed countless people will never know the wealth of information that is stored there.

Raising a toast to a wonderful guy! Knowing that Watchtower Observer will never be duplicated!

wendy

• Imbue
    Imbue

Wendy:

Yes, It's very sad that Kent has to become inactive with his work. It would be a tragedy if all of the information he has provided would be lost.

*Toast to Kent*

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Wendy,

I know, so sad. Kent helped me find out so many lies, and if it was not for his website and Randy's website, I would not have discovered the FACTS about the Watchtower to begin with. I tip my hat off to a man who has spent a lot of hard work and money and saved the lives of so brainwashed people. Now, because of Kent, my daughter can have a normal life with Christmas and Birthdays and friends. Ain't life grand!

Kent -- Good luck and thank you for all you have done. You have changed the lives of so many people.

Kisses,

Moe

• Dino
    Dino

KUDOS TO KENT!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I agree this will be a great loss. Kent has helped so many people with his website and telling it like it is all the time. It was one of the places I "landed" when the time came for me to investigate why things were so wrong in the "toof".

Good luck to Kent and his wife. Enjoy the free time.

• Simon
    Simon

As I've said before. I have the utmost respect for the work that Kent has done and appreciate all the time and effort that he has (and still does) put into it.

Along with Randy Watter's Freeminds site, kent's WatchTower Observer was a fantastic place of information for me when I was leaving the WTS and I'm sure it has helped to play a big part in thousands of other people's lives too.

I hope no one uses this time to bring up old arguments as I think Kent deserves better and it really would make people look petty. I know we have had our differences more recently but he will always have my respect for what he has achieved. Reading his life story last night on the site I realised that we are probably no that dissimilar in our history and maybe it proves that opposites attracts and vice-versa?

Anyway, I hope he comes back soon, batteries fully charged and eager to continue the fight against the dragon of the WTS.

- Kent ... (salute)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Someone else started a thread on this topic, stating "I know this will make a lot of you happy".

I haven't yet seen any celebration on this board! Rather, a sense of loss -- because any resource which helps lurkers or those exiting the JW's gain any solid information , including life stories, including doctrinal errors, including serious flaws in how the JW's treat people (as opposed to the claims they make), is of a great help.

For me, the Observer and Freeminds sites were like stepping stones from "one side" to the other side, and I'm sure glad that support was there!

The upcoming loss of this resource is sad. Each site has its own way of helping those who have had to deal with the JW's.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I, too, must toast Kent. Although the absence of his site will leave a hole in the anti-JW movement, we must realize that everyone deserves to take the time to live their life.

A while back, I listed Kent in my "Apostate Hall of Fame". He is the dirty Harry of the apostate world. He pissed off a lot of people, but when you had a job to do, no one could get it done like him.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good luck Kent, thanks for all the hard work you have done with WO.
    Hope to see you back when you are able to
  • Wendy
    Wendy

DOH! I was just alerted to that thread Gopher. My apologies. I am glad that this has not turned out as the other, and am BEGGING others that it does not!

Simon,

I have no intention of bringing up anything. I wanted to post this so others can be aware, and perhaps share their opinion on this. It is truly a historical event, and to use it for mudslinging is ridiculous. I have had my hands full lately and miss alot of what is going on, I thought perhaps others did as well.

(((((Hugs to all)))) Let's play nice shall we

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit