Bet this makes many here happy

by gravedancer 18 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

http://kent.steinhaug.com/forum/showthread.php?s=4482111f612323457bbe52046903bccf&threadid=603

I for one am really sad about it though. The Watchtower Observer was the first XJW site I found.

I will miss you Kent and thanks so much for everything you have done.

Gravedancer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I like Kents board.I hope the break do`es him good.He`ll be back ...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 26 June 2002 1:58:39

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

The only ones who will be happy about this are the WTS. Kent has been a thorn in their sides for a long, long time. It's a pity we can't find a wealthy sponser to bail him out. Even so, he's done more than his fair share and he should take a long, well deserved rest. He's a legend!

Marilyn

• Gopher
    Gopher

I am not happy at the news that Watchtower Observer is going away. That site, along with freeminds, were 2 that I studied for awhile, and they helped me to see it would be folly to go back to the JW's. The documentation of what the Society has taught (and changed) over the years, the bad effects of current policies such as absolute refusal of blood, and stories of people who tried their best to be a good JW only to have it all come to naught!

The observer and freeminds sites rapidly changed me from a JW apologist into a realist. My journey towards finding my path in life has continued on this site.

One less site means one less resource for people who are hungry for information like I was. I saw the sites as complimenting each other in many ways.

• larc
    larc

No, this doesn't make me happy. Kent has been a warrier and now he is tired and depleted. He needs a rest and some recovery and time with his family. On Kent's board, some have suggested some software (I don't understand the details) which would allow him to preserve the work he has done, so that it is not lost for new people.

• terafera
    terafera

Like others mentioned here... I too, was shown the truth about the 'truth' from the Observer site. I wish him all the best and while I dont post there, really have enjoyed the site. Its not that I hold any favoritism..its just that I cant keep up with posts all over the Internet. Gotta keep it simple.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    I don't think it's any kind of disaster if The Watchtower Observer cease to exist. That's what all my "fans" over at another board we all know have been constantly telling me

No one is irreplaceable, that's true.

Personally I've had enough for a good while, and all the dirt-slinging from the dregs of the Ex-JW society didn't do much to change this decition.

Of course Kent had nothing to do with said "dirt-slinging"

Though I am back to the unnameable place too, it simply can't be compared to the nice atmosphere here.

No one's twisting your arm to post here, JanH.

Can't you ask Prisca or Teejay to make a site? They know all about this stuff, he, he LOL

What's that saying about it doesn't matter what people are saying about you, at least people are talking about you?

LOLOLOL Kent...we're waiting with bated breath to see those glorious new websites....LOLOLOL. That sort of expertise should yield incredibly informative useful information, don't you think? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Salivating at the prospect,
    MD

Judging by her size, MD would salivate at the thought of anything.

Damn fools who need to boost their own egos by putting down your work.

Wendy must be referring to the WTS. No one on this board has ever put down the work Kent has done in the anti-WTS movement.

No matter what any petty,ego swollen assholes say,it's because they have envied your work and abilities.

Is Tina on drugs???

You never talked 'down ' to women, never treated them as lesser beings as some on other boards have done.

Yep, she must be.

You've never been like the trite cliched sanctimonious ones who wish 'blessings' with hate in their hearts.

How is Julie doing these days??

Although I am not glad that WO is closing down, I am glad that Kent has finally realised the need for balance in his life. I hope he sorts out his financial problems and I wish him well. Honestly I do.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    Judging by her size, MD would salivate at the thought of anything.

prisca, YOU certaintly have no right commenting on someone elses size/weight, my dear!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I don't think this is good news but probably a good personal decision. We all do what we can and Kent has certainly done alot. But there is a time to let things go, to think about oneself and their family and to not let the WT rob you of anything more.

Thanks for all of your hard work. You will be missed.

Path

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Especially when she bitches and moans about other people doing it to her. Not only a bitch, but a hypocrite. How on EARTH are you single?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit