Hangover cure

by Elders_Kid 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

Everybody has their own cure for a hangover. I was talking to a guy last week, and he suggested taking two Advil and drinking a glass of milk as soon as you wake up. Somebody else I talked to suggested drinking ginger ale. Another person said that drinking a Bloody Mary will help. Once while doing a job shadow at a hospital, a Doctor listed several vitamins and minerals taken together to produce a cure. I drink as much water as possible and hope for the best, I figure I knew what I was getting myself into when I started drinking, I can suffer for it now.

Ok, now I want to know, what do you use, and how well does it work.

EK

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Kid,

I think the best cure for a hangover is not to have a hangover

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I know this sounds weird, but one of the keys to never getting a hangover is to keep hydrated (with water) while your drinking, as the alcohol will squeeze as much fluid out of your cells - thus creating the hangover....(so I've been told :) )

Edited by - Double Edge on 25 June 2002 16:14:31

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

You're suppose to take some Advil BEFORE you go to bed.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

drinking water in between drinks is a good way to avoid the hangover all together. bloody marys work well the next day. if i can i prefer to sleep them off. water helps the next day as well. it is all about the dehydration that makes hangovers so bad. also, sobering up a bit before you go to bed helps (and consuming as much water as possible.) learning to not drink so much so that you never suffer a hangover though is probably the best thing though. but i slip up on that one all the time...

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Ok. Over the years this is what I've found to help.

1.) Before bed, drink as much water as you can stomach with 2 Excederin.

2.) Every two drinks, drink one glass of water.

3.) 15 minutes before last call, start drinking glasses of water.

4.) Excederin, excederin, excerderin.

• Francois
    Francois

RULE NUMBER ONE - NEVER, EVER drink cheap whiskey. Drink only the top of the line stuff or don't drink at all.

Everyone is right - drink LOTS of water while you're drinking alcohol.

You don't HAVE to drink too much. You might try to moderate it a little bit. What fun is there in being so wasted that you don't remember the good time you had the night before. Or worse, to receive those phone calls the next day that start out, "Do you remember what you did last night?"

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITH ACETOMINEPHIN IN IT! LIVER DAMAGE.

Get yourself some large capsules of activated charcoal and take a couple in the morning.

If you can get your doctor to give you a prescription for it, get a small tank of pure oxygen. Breathe that in the morning when you get up.

If you can face it, fry up some bacon and make a nice greasy gravy and eat it over a biscuit.

Failing that, strain the liquid out of a can of Campbell's chicken and rice soup and eat onliy the broth.

Continue drinking lots of water the next day.

The old thing about a bloody mary is total BS, as is the whole "hair of the dog" thingy. Do not drink any more alcohol.

Don't waste your time promising yourself that last night was the LAST TIME YOU WOULD EVER DO SUCH A THING. You're going to keep on doing it as long as you are a drinker.

Salud!
    Francois

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hmm the bloody mary thing sure seems to make me feel better, although i usually consume about 6 glasses of water while i'm sipping on one bloody mary :P

and you are so right about the ACETOMINEPHIN. even if taken the next day can still cause liver damage.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Don't forget the Doublecheese burger from Burger King. HAS to be Burger King.

Big fan of the Bloody Mary.

6.) Don't drink drinks with a high sugar content. Try to stick to clear alcohols like Vodka, gin, rum. Vodka being the best.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm a bloody mary fan myself. Something about the salt that makes me feel better.

But something to think about - almost ALL simple headaches are caused by dehydration. I've had a lot of small headaches lately (not migraines!) and whenever I up my water intake, the headaches usually go away within an hour or so. That's about how long it takes for Advil/Tylenol to hit my system anyway. Once again, I'm not talking about migraines. Those are totally different!

Slippy - I LOVE BK BURGERS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit