Do you consider this site Godly or Ungodly

by Truthexplorer 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Let's see TE, and I hope you are watching, I don't consider this site either godly or ungodly (but since I don't believe in god and don't really care I guess my opinion doesn't matter) but if you really are gone, I consider that it has immediately become more intelligent.

And if you would only take your kind with you, you know, the slow moving zombie end-of-time jesus loving bible thumping high school graduates without the cognitive abilities displayed in WWZ or Legend (what IS up with that - they have ruined the genre. Bring back slow moving zombies. Are you listening Hollywood?) that will be our pets one day, the site would be a LOT smarter and better for our planet.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    stillin42 minutes agoPunk, bifurcate, good word! It's exactly true that this is what JW's do.
    To the OP, there are all kinds of people here, some are pretty bitter about things, some are simply trying to sort things out. Some are teachers,some are learners. Most of us are both. I enjoy and embrace the diversity here.

I couldn't have bet it putter myself!

Diversity! Yes.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Truthexplorer you really need to grow up and see the world realistically. Stop seeing it as just a mass of people but rather as individuals struggling to survive and be happy. There are some evil people who are hurting others we can't deny that. The vast majority of people are busy caring for their families and many still find time to send money to strangers to help them work their way out of the poverty they were born into or to give aid when there are terrible disasters.

If by liberalism and lack of morality you are talking about people being allowed to live with the person they love without being beaten, imprissoned or subjected to chemical castration then thank goodness the world is growing up and understanding that we are not all the same.

Nobody is coming to help us. At the risk of sounding cliche, we are the people we have been waiting for. We need to work out how we as an individual, as families, as nations and as corporations we can make a better world. Grow up and stop sucking on that teat of comforting religious promises, look around at this beautiful, terrifying world, learn to live in it and work out how you can help.

• DJS
    DJS

Xanthippe,

Very well stated. Thank you. It is likely that TE suffers from N. European DNA angry old white man syndrome (of course, the last time I made that evaluation it turned out to be a transgender Diana Ross impersonating African American, so my batting average isn't so good).

The world isn't completely run by old white guys like it used to be, and he just can't get over it. What people do with their private parts, as you suggested, is likely the only thing he can rail about when the real issue is that he has been designated as dead Tyrannosaurus Rex walking.

I'll bet TE was thrilled with the Irish gay marriage vote. If the SCOTUS approves gay marriage I'm sure he will be even happier. If it passes I will have a drink or two for TE.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The OP remind me of the time when I knocked on folks doors on

Xmas morning. You know you folks are celebrating Satan's holiday.

• kaik
    kaik

Generally, it is ridiculous when evangelical crowds of bigoted Catholics threaten human race with brimstone because of the human progress, but comfortably omit the horrors of the past and idealized it as lost golden era. My parents were born during Depression and lived their childhood in WWII. My father witnessed his hometown to be bombed in 1944, execution of partisans and Jews. And I should mourn these horrible years? Where was his god when millions of people were tortured and slaughtered? And going back to distant history to the horrors of French Revolution, 30Years War, 100 Years War, to Mongol/Ottoman/Roman conquests; how can anyone defend these times. When plagues appeared, there was no whatsoever any treatment, no antibiotics no antivirals, people were just left to die. Even with present problems in the world, our time is far more better than any other year in the human history.

What it seems that the bigoted crowd cannot accept the fact, that the human race can make progress to better and thus need evangelical control and indoctrination to control the masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit