How many here still pretend?

by TweetieBird 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I know this subject has been covered numerous times before, but the board constantly gets new people.

How many here still attend meetings, go in service, etc. even though you don't believe it's the truth?

• Matty
    Matty

Guilty as charged. I'm still a regular publisher and hate every minute of it and want out. I live amongst a dynasty of die-hard Witnesses, and when I go I will be the first mutineer in the family.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Undercover Brother right here! I give talks, run the Sound, and begrudgingly go out in service.

However, I am mentally disassociated and I have a big surprise planned for my exit.

Edited by - Mister Biggs on 25 June 2002 13:55:30

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I was an "undercover brother", too, for quite a while. Although lately, my excuse generating machine has been working overtime. I have managed to avoid meetings for 2 1/2 months, now, but I will be at the DC this weekend.

They still keep calling me for my time every month, and I keep giving them what they want - one imaginary family study, four hours and four RV's for me, four hours for my wife. So, I'm technically still in good standing.

Matty - It sounds like you are truly going to "pioneer".

Edited by - RunningMan on 25 June 2002 14:0:4

• SYN
    SYN

Biggs: <MWUHAHAHA> You will tell us ALL about it, won't you?

(((MATTY))) I feel your pain, man.

• Matty
    Matty

Pain is the word SYN. No better word for it.

My fantasy is go out with a bang like LittleToe, however I am much more likely to go out with a whimper knowing me.

(edited because of repetition!)

Edited by - Matty on 25 June 2002 14:2:53

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

SYN...

This Board (and those that peruse it) will be the first to know!

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

...ttt

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

*big hug for Matty*

Don't be so hard on yourself, leaving is a hard thing to do, you'll do it when your ready, and you'll do it the way that is right for you, if that is to silently slip away, so be it. If you are meant to streak naked through the kingdom hall with I QUIT painted on your butt, so be it!

Good luck to you when you finally do tho!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Dang it, joanna!

How did you know what I was going to do???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit