District Convention - Portland Maine

by proandcon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
    proandcon

more2c...didn't see any sisters in positions of "importance"...like directing cars or mopping up dumped drinks, etc...on Sat there was a truly monumental traffic tie up in downtown Portland because the JW's were unable to direct traffic. I mean really gridlock getting into garages...People (including many of Jehovah's true Christians) were really pissed off ! Many were late to the start at 9:40am...even though they were in the area trying to park by 8:30am...what a mess...must be Jehovah testing their patience...couldn't be ineptitude or lack of coherent leadership...NAH !

• more2C
    more2C

Thanks for the info proandcon. Of course any difficult trial is considered a test of their faith from Jehovah. Either that or Satan is tempting them...

more2C

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

- the media is an integral part of Satan's organization. Place little credence in what it says! (Unless it supports the WT credo).

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....The great and powerful Oz has spoken.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

If only they were smart enough to park in the EMPTY parking lot across the street. It would be so much easier.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Bob and proandcon, I have many relatives in Portland and Bridgton... when I was 7, we went to one of the assemblies in Portland. It was the first time I came face to face with apostates. They had signs and were chanting something. I was so afraid of them!! lol

Terafera, that would likely have been Steve Butt (yep, that's his real name). Steve was an elder in Portland who left and took up picketing the conventions at the Civic Center. He and his wife came into the convention one year and sat right in front of my wife and I. A couple young men, obviously attendants with their badges removed, positioned themselves nearby and kept a close eye on them. When they left, the attendants searched the area around their seats very carefully.

Back in about 1996, I was at a Steve Hassan lecture and noticed Steve Butt in that audience. When I went over and introduced myself, he seemed a bit ill at ease. He introduced the woman that was with him as his wife, but she didn't look at all like his wife when he picketed the conventions.

A few years ago, I found out why. I was sitting at my desk with the TV on mute, talking with an exJW friend of mine when I noticed Steve Butt on the television. I turned up the sound and found out what the show was about - polygamy. Yes, Steve had become a polygamist and married two more women. He has since moved to Utah. Here is his website - http://bfree.org

The last convention I went to was in 1996 and it was in Portland. I lasted through Saturday morning, couldn't stand any more and left for home at lunchtime.

Tera, are you still in the area?

Proandcon, if you are comfortable doing so, drop me an email at [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit