District Convention - Portland Maine

by proandcon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
    proandcon

"Thrilling convention"...only took notes of comments / observations not including:

- typical "gloom and doom" (real heavy since 9/11)

- "do more" (especially as some one of a kind robotic drones demonstrate)

- "True Christians" (tm) are (a) blessed by Jehovah; (b) joyful in the face

persecution (c) all of the above

So, because 98% of the convention was directed here, I didn't take many notes. The following was of interest:

- average attendance was about 5200. Only 16 were baptized - of which at least 7 were kids of JW's. Seems real light. A typical normal amount not too long ago was about 1% of the average attendance. Have JW's lost God's favor? Or are the doors to the "new ark" about to be closed? Can go either way !

- Jeremiah was a prophet hand selected by Jah. That's why it's no stretch in relating everything about him to the F&D slave class of JW's today! Yeah right!

- the media is an integral part of Satan's organization. Place little credence in what it says! (Unless it supports the WT credo).

- "Thank Jah for apostates! They are fulfilling scripture and are another evidence we are in the last days" (Ps 109:2-3). Apostates are "wicked and deceptive". They "only speak falsehoods". They speak" with hatred and keep fighting vs Jah's true organization without cause.However, like poison, we don't want to drink of their potent tonic!"

-" The organization is not perfect. Don't look at it under a microscope. Don't shirk your responsibility because you "think" the org to be slow or misguided"- or wrong or totally balled up! Wait on Jah. He will fix it in his due time (tm). Meanwhile, if you get screwed, so what. You can become an apostate and fulfill scripture while we shun your ass. It's a win / win situation all the way around!

- Recently it was nopted the internet had 275 million pages and was growing at the rate of 20 million pages a month. "Most of it is useless and harmful!" Don't be an "information addict" (love this WT lingo).

- The US supreme court gave another victory to Jehovah's people (tm) by its verdicet in the WT vs Stratton case. (Most there wouldn't have a solitary clue about this case but think it's a landmark because the speaker (WT) said so. The case was doomed to failure based on past case law. JW's think they got reaffirmed rights to call on anyone whenever they feel like. Someone in Stratton should just tell the entire town's residents about the "do not call" routine. Helluva lot cheaper than going to the supreme court - and far more effective.

That's it...left out some...probably cruising then...anyone else there?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

He will fix it in his due time (tm).

Laughed out loud

The "don't put the organization under a microscope" is pretty funny. "Just view us as we would like you to see us"

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"The organization is not perfect..."

I can't tell. Why don't they openly confess their imperfections and quit pretending that they are perfect? A people that can't admit their sins and faults (like in the pedophilia issue) are proud. And everyone knows that pride is before a fall. Jesus came to save sinners. The Kingdom Halls should have a sign above their doors that state: "Only sinners welcome here." If there are no sinners in the Kingdom Halls than there are only self righteous Pharisees there, who think they are saved and have no need of a Savior. How do Jws respond to sinners? They follow Paul and disfellowship them. But that is not what Jesus said should be done. Matt. 18:17 "...treat him as a sinner and tax collector." And how exactly did Jesus treat the sinners and tax collectors? Did he ostracize them? No, he associated and ate with them. He kept right on loving them. A far cry from Paul and modern Jws. Whom should we follow?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I heard today from a sister who went to the Jackson, Miss. Convention, that there were over 5000 in attendence, but only 20 got baptized. This seems like a low number of those baptized. Where is this increase they are always speaking of???

• DocBob
    DocBob

- "Thank Jah for apostates! They are fulfilling scripture and are another evidence we are in the last days" (Ps 109:2-3). Apostates are "wicked and deceptive". They "only speak falsehoods". They speak" with hatred and keep fighting vs Jah's true organization without cause.However, like poison, we don't want to drink of their potent tonic!"

I LOVE THIS!!! LOL

BTW Proandcon. I am in southern Maine. Do we know each other?

Bob

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hello P and C

I can't believe I used to believe all that crap...you sure did take me for a walk down memory lane *shudder*

Beck

• terafera
    terafera

Bob and proandcon, I have many relatives in Portland and Bridgton... when I was 7, we went to one of the assemblies in Portland. It was the first time I came face to face with apostates. They had signs and were chanting something. I was so afraid of them!! lol

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

That is one memory I am not sure I want to revisit. Assemblies were always gossip central and it never failled that somebody had to have an elders meeting afterwards.

It sounds like the same old same old. The only differance is damage control (i.e. Satan is controlling the media).

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

microscope?????........ who needs a microscope to see one failed prediciton after the other....deut 18:20, matt 24:24......................who needs a microscope to see dateline, and the harboring of pedophiles and punishing of victims?????........ did you really mean "please just close your eyes"?

• more2C
    more2C

Recently, my JW dad went to Portland, Maine district convention, too. He told us that sisters were helping to direct cars for parking. (Brothers were directing more difficult areas.)

Does anyone know if this is true? Do you think that there are less interested brothers willing to perform this duties?

More2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit