How do YOU deal with it??

by bad_associashun 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Elsewhere said:

I come to places like this and VENT.

My feelings exactly. This is also my method of coping.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

'control of your life'

'power of choice'

'freedom to think'

thanks obiwan- phrases I've not heard or given much thought to in a long time.

It seems many of you have been successful at 'moving on' and making a good life for yourselves- and the part about "making friends, instead of having them made for you"-I like that a lot.

(O) <--- hugs to all responders

• lulu
    lulu

I live in Australia, and there does not appear to be a site dealiong with the scandalpf the U.N. Can you help, all the (friends) do not want to know about ANY scandalous event.

• castyurcare
    castyurcare

Dealing with IT is an ongoing battle for me.....let me explain....

I am a new to this board, but not new to the WT Organization. My husband has been a very active JW most of our married life, (he was not a JW when we were married), I think he was baptized in 1979. I have attended meetings and even an assembly or two, but just couldn't get interested in a dull question/regurgitate -the -answer -type religion. It wasn't until he was totally involved that I started asking, "What is the right religion?" To my surprise my question was answered that it is not a religion but rather a relationship, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as my Saviour! No middleman i.e. priest, circuit overseer, elder, etc. needed!

To make a long story short, these past years have been a real walk through the fire. I don't have to explain the deep pain of family relationships strained to the max because of deluded beliefs and loyalty to ever-changing JW "doctrine." (isn't that an oxymoron?) Anyway....I am determined to soar like an eagle who uses the updrafts of storms and turbulence to rise above the storms of life.

I chose my name, castyurcare, from 2 verses I cherish. 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." And Psalm 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Here the word "cast" has the idea of "to roll" because the burden is too heavy to throw. If we give our burdens to the LORD, He will take them and He will sustain us using many different ways to encourage us, whether it be other people, a twist in circumstances, and even this message board. I am so encouraged by reading posts from people who have been delivered from WT error and who understand and can support those seeking comfort and deliverance.

I hope to make many friends here, and because my situation is kinda unique, I hope to offer some encouragement as well. Thanks for listening.

• lady 45
    lady 45

i am at work and i have been reading more and more of those replys
    you are so understanding because i always tryed to up hold the wt org
    when other outside of the org, even thought i was df , I truly feel that people out side of
    the wts can't help,it like someone elas has said that you have to live it to understand
    oh i am so glay that you have this site? i am new here also
    thanks for so much help, in all these years this is the best thing to happen for me.
    a friend told me where to look and i have been coming here everyday since
    love and understanding Lady 45

JUST A GOOD FEELING, A NEW FAMILY FROM WHERE I CAME ,HELLO ALL

• zanex
    zanex

hmmm first, welcome...now as for MY answer to how one deals with it? I dont know. Everytime I start to feel angry or pissed off or depressed or any of those bad nasty feel gross type feelings I look at a pix of my baby girl...I find that helps a lot. If I dont happen to have a pix handy I usually have some jd lyin around somewhere...

lady45:welcome...the other thing I do is come here and dump all of my garbage that gets me down...WELCOME

...the name says it all...

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

You take care of yourself!

You take it one day at a time!

Surround yourself around possitive people that you love and respect and that love and respect you!

I write me feeling down!

Last, but not least, I come here .........this is my soft place to fall.

Hang in there my friends!!!

Life can be good, life is good, life is worth living, we all get better and learn with time and patience.

Tink =;o)

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Welcome!

Personally, I go outside and get close to God. I don't dwell on all the wrongs the wt society has done, because I would surely get very upset and be very unhappy. I think about where I am now and how being angry with a man-made religion gives that religion my power. They are only men, with their slant on what they think God is all about. It is beyond my power to make the world all better. I leave that for the wise men. But I learned from my mistakes and I won't let men control me like that again, and for this, they did me a favor. I think of all the gifts and love God has given me and my happiness is doing all I can with these gifts and with this love. I follow my gut and attempt to do what I know is right.

• not interested
    not interested

me personaly i drink alot of beer............j/k

i agree with what comf said "the best revenge is to live a good life"

thoes on the inside dont belive anyone can be happy on the outside and if you are happy its because you living a sinful life and crap like that. although its true that i personaly get very down at times it not from being out of the borg, but because i miss my family very much especialy me 3 nephewes and the 4th one that ill probably never get to see is due in a few months. the first time i was df;ed i went back because i didnt know what else to do and needed my family ties but the second time i realized i couldnt do it for them i had to do what i wanted to do, wich i dont think is a easy decision for anyone to make. But as the saying goes time heals al pain and with each day it gets better, (but thats just cuz you geting farther away from Jehovah......Right dad)

hope all goes well with you and i hope to see more of your posts

N.I.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

Enjoyable reading -to all who responded, especially to you all who revealed a personal issue or experience

It does feel better already- just since finding this place- to know that others share the same feelings- be it disappointment, depression, regret, social retardation... whatever. Unless a person was a JW, he wouldn't get it- it would be like trying to describe colors to someone born blind.

Kind of makes me wonder how & why so many of us 'bought into' it (?) I tend to agree with a quote I heard long ago: You can only be conned by whatever it is you're greedy for.

health & happiness,

badass/rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit