Peter Jennings & Toby Keith ,who gets the b...

by Cowboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Bea-I agree,the message is positive.And I don't mind being a redneck from no-mans land either...But Chungs statement was something to the effect of a place like Oklahoma not being civiized enough to deal with such a disaster.

Path-I see what you're saying,but I can't agree.

As you said,it's not something that's particularly of international interest,and besides that,Independance Day is all about "glorifying patriotism".The point of the song is that the U.S. will not lay down for terrorism...a message I would think goes along with gathering support for the war on terrorism.

Funny thing is,being raised a JW,I still don't consider myself particularly patriotic.But obviously I personally am,and we as a nation are much prouder of our country,and much more ready to defend our freedoms (and those of others,as well) than people from other countries,in general.And we make no apologies for it.But it appears that Jennings,and ABC do.

Nita-I agree,Hank,Jr. is no less patriotic than Toby Keith.I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Hank did something Jennings found objectionable.Brooks and Dunn,either,for that matter.However,i doubt if the feeds from their performances,especially Hank's,will be live.Listen close for blurs.

Toby Keith has been sceduled to be interviewed by Wolf Blitzer,directly prior to(I believe) his July 4th concert in Provo,Utah.An appearance on Larry King has also been scheduled.

Cowboy

Edited by - Cowboy on 26 June 2002 4:9:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit