Religion or Family???

by Overseer 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solace
    Solace

Family of course.

My family may feel differently but I would definatly put them first. Im not sure they would do the same. Guess thats something I just have to live with.

• LB
    LB

All JW's will tell you that family is important and second only to their service to Jehovah. I find it a little sad. An illustration I used on a local JW was .....

I know you'd take a bullet for you son, because it would save his life at the cost of your own. But if the ONLY means of survival was blood, you would let him die. That blood would save his life and not at the expence of HIS life but YOUR life. So you wouldn't give up your spiritual life to save your sons, right? I mean the sons spiritual life wouldn't be affected, the sin would be Dads.

My own son finally admitted to me that he would give his young son blood in order to save his life. He would want blood last and that' fine with me too. Blood can be dangerous at times, but other times it's the only means to saving a life.

So over here it's family first.

And it never is in a witness family, IF they follow the watchtower rules.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

They will use the example of Abraham and Isaac, sacrifice your family for Jehovah, and you will be blessed....GAG

• MrBusyShortz
    MrBusyShortz

Truthseeker1-->They will use the example of Abraham and Isaac, sacrifice your family for Jehovah, and you will be blessed....GAG>>

Interesting comment, Truthseeker1! When you look at Genesis 22, You will find that Isaac was to be offered as a sacrifice. But, Isaac was not sacrificed at all. In my opinion, God was testing Abraham to see if he would obey the instructions given to him to the letter. Abraham did obey and God blessed him by stopping the Isaac sacrifice and providing a lamb caught in the thicket nearby.

MrBusy

• MrBusyShortz
    MrBusyShortz

Heaven-->Family of course.

My family may feel differently but I would definatly put them first. Im not sure they would do the same. Guess thats something I just have to live with.>>

Heaven, I don't know your family, but I would say that they would be there for you. At least I would hope so. Regardless of what has happened in the past, in my humble opinion, Maam, Family ties are lasting. Sometimes, Though, I can truly understand why some would want those family ties broken. They seem to get in the way at times. God bless!

MrBusy

• zanex
    zanex

wow...that question kind of floored me...ya know back in the day I would have a TOTALLY different answer becuz of that mental jw conditioning...but now that question is FAMILY....

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

While I personally choose family over religion, the rest of my immediate relatives choose the latter.

You see I disassociated myself from the JW religion after realizing it was a false prophet and deceitful organization.

Instead of accepting me for the person I am, my family chose instead to shun me because I had rejected their religion.

Funny the double standard that is present, because they expect me to respect their religion and stance and want me to even be open-minded enough to listen to their never ending preaching, while they refuse to lend a listening ear to FACTS that show the WTBTS to be false.

There are thousands of cases just like mine.

Individuals who have lost fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters.. ALL to the Watchtower CULT.

My prayers are with you, and a day will come when they will pay for their wicked practices.

• Solace
    Solace

Mr. Busy,

Thank you. That was very kind of you to say.

My family lives & breaths the W.T.S. Its their entire existance basically. I guess I will find out soon enough. Im not sitting on the fence with them anymore. I just do not agree with their beliefs and never will.

Thanks again.

• MrBusyShortz
    MrBusyShortz

Heaven-->Mr. Busy,

Thank you. That was very kind of you to say.>>

You are very welcome!

Heaven-->My family lives & breaths the W.T.S. Its their entire existance basically. I guess I will find out soon enough. Im not sitting on the fence with them anymore. I just do not agree with their beliefs and never will.

Thanks again.>>

I am truly sorry that this situation has occurred with you and your family. However, May I give you a word of encouragement? I would suggest, in your leisure, that you sit down and read Psalm 27:1-5. Really take the time to focus on those verses and ponder them. I have found that these verses are extremely uplifting when I find myself in stressful situations. God Bless you!

MrBusy!

• MrBusyShortz
    MrBusyShortz

Reborn-->While I personally choose family over religion, the rest of my immediate relatives choose the latter.

You see I disassociated myself from the JW religion after realizing it was a false prophet and deceitful organization.

Instead of accepting me for the person I am, my family chose instead to shun me because I had rejected their religion.

Funny the double standard that is present, because they expect me to respect their religion and stance and want me to even be open-minded enough to listen to their never ending preaching, while they refuse to lend a listening ear to FACTS that show the WTBTS to be false.

There are thousands of cases just like mine.

Individuals who have lost fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters.. ALL to the Watchtower CULT.

My prayers are with you, and a day will come when they will pay for their wicked practices.>>

I have never been a Jehovah's Witness, Reborn, but this shunning/disfellowshipping just blows me away. Doesn't the Watchtower realize how much pain they cause for family members who are shunned or even disfellowshipped? I really wonder if they do realize this.

Thanks for sharing! My Prayers are will all of those who are suffering this situation. God bless all of you!

MrBusy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit