"do not go beyond the things written"

by stuckinarut2 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Well spotted. Obviously, in their own eyes, the GB's writings are of equal value to the Bible.

Eden

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy

wow , you guys got me all cracked up :)

All the more reasons to fade from this crap...

Let me add one more

funnily our cong completely skipped this letter and body of morons impose this very srtictly we had no mention of the letter and one day when i went to read the bible study without a jacket, I was called to the back room and had a firing, I was at that time in, else would have told him 1thess 4:11

Also we have visiting speakers who come to give PT without jackets , but our poor wt reader have to wear one, looks so stupid !!!!

Like one poster here says,

Lets review

ITS A SILLY F4$^$%^G CULT

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As soon as a JW utters the words "The Bible teaches...." they are about to go beyond what is written, and offer their interpretation of what the Bible contains.

Every unique Doctrine of the JW Borg cannot be found in the Bible without some really strained, and mostly very silly, Exegesis.

From top to bottom the JW Org constantly go "beyond what is written"., but not just them of course, John the writer of Revelation did the same thing, adding new stuff.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stuck, you weren't supposed to notice!

That's like spoiling the end of a movie, or telling the punchline of a joke when another person is just beginning the setup, or like telling how a magic trick works.

You're not a very good sport, Stuckie!

Bad, Stuck, Bad, bad, Stuck.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Not the video that the poster above was thinking of, but I haven't seen anyone post this classic in a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZvkDuL-_8

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"First we're told not to go beyond what's written, then in the very next sentence they go beyond what is written!!"

Classic!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

1.5 hour-long breaks in FS

HEY! Don't you be bitching about that!

That's the only way I found to endure a morning of FS.

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

The Pope could say the exact same thing - and watch JWs jump all over him with righteous condemnation:

"Do not go beyond the things written, including my infallible encyclicals".

Of course, when your own organization has its own assigned "papal" voice, it's a different story.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

There was a video posted here...where a reporter jumped into one of the GB's face while he was exiting a convention stage and asked a couple of questions.

It's at about the 4 min, 10 sec mark. The reporter asked questions about the pedophilia problem of JWs, and the Society's list of offenders. Ted Jaracz, not wanting to address the reporters pointed questions, replied by saying 'We don't go beyond the things that are written.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtPIR6Q_MA

• Heaven
    Heaven

Botchtower constantly goes beyond what is written. This was one of the things that I saw them doing when I was a teenager back in the '70s that I did not agree with.

I believe this is what is known as hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit