OUCH ! Wall Street Journal SPITS out the JWs!!

by deddaisy 22 Replies latest social current

• sf
    sf

I am not sure how it works, but in case MARCELLA BOMBARDIERI has not or does not read WSJ, my opinion is she needs to read J. Rileys article. Thus the mail I just sent to her.

I plan on calling her this afternoon to 'elaborate'.

sKally

• waiting
    waiting
    <Russell pointed to 1914 as the year that God would set up his kingdom on earth, displace all governments and destroy everyone except "Russellites" (as they were known at the time), who would inherit a paradise on earth and live forever>

I do not believe this is entirely correct. This is a Rutherford teaching.

Russell believed that he and his followers would all be taken to heaven in 1914, that evil would be wiped out on earth and a paradise be established here that he and his folowers would rule over from heaven. At least that's how I recall it. - dungbeetle

I think that's the way it went to - because after the autumn of 1914, and they were still on earth - they revamped their doctrine - thus born, The Parousia - or Jesus' Invisible Return. Gotta do something to calm the followers.

Daisy! Thank you for printing this here - well worth you're effort! We appreciate it.

waiting

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*gulp*

Wow. I work for Dow Jones and I didn't even read this. I get a free WSJ at my office everyday and most of my colleagues know I'm an XJW. Never saw this until now. *sigh*

Thanks for sharing!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit