Aren't week-ends just great?

by Sadie5 20 Replies latest jw friends

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Hahaha, WildTurkey, which is the great part, and which is the sucky part?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I almost live for the weekends. It's wonderful to sleep late, relax, watch t.v., read, be on the internet, and just recreate in general. It's just great to not have that workload hanging over your head for two days. I hate to face Monday mornings. Usually has me complaining of "Back to the salt mines" or some such phrase. After I get through Monday, I'm o.k. until the next weekend.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Hey, Wild Turkey, let me pour you a frosty one...it'll help the hangover.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

My weekend is just one day, Sunday. I semi-voluntarily work every Saturday since it is usually a busy day. That's gonna change soon though. Sundays are great though. I sleep in as long as I can which is usually only until about 8 or 9 am, treat myself to a big breakfast, and then spend the day relaxing and catching up on housework. I especially enjoy Sundays that bring rain and thunderstorms. Then I just lay back on the couch and watch a DVD or read a book with the rain outside and it is so relaxing.

It's not so much what you do as how much you enjoy it that makes for a good weekend.

Mike.

Edited by - bendrr on 22 June 2002 17:40:8

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    So this is what weekends are like for normal people...I like it, I like it!

You said it, freeman! It's called "FREEDOM".

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Mackin
    Mackin

NO GUILT is the best part. I no longer feel bad 'cos I should be out in service!!!!

I love doing what I want to do on the weekends.

They can be kinda lonely though.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Awwww.... ((((Mackin)))))

They're better when they're spent with your jw.com friends at Apostafests!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

NO GUILT is the best part. I no longer feel bad 'cos I should be out in service!!!!

I love doing what I want to do on the weekends.

And this illustrates the great NEED there is for ministries to exDubs and exiting Dubs.

Apostafests play their (small) part, as do db like this.

Hang in there, mate!

Cheers, Ozzie

• ISP
    ISP

Yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!! So different to the sheer boredom!

ISP

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Did anyone else use to wish it would RAIN at the weekend? Just so you didn't have to go out in the ministry!!!

How sad is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit