Aren't week-ends just great?

by Sadie5 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Now that you're out of the borg and don't have to get up Saturdays to peddle magazines, try to fit in the family Watchtower study, get up Sunday mornings to rush off to the Kingdom Hall, do you feel like week-ends are great?

It feels great just to sleep late on one or two of those days if I want to. I can spend hours on the internet or read a whole newspaper. Go on a camping trip, hiking or go bicycling with the kids. Mow the lawn, clean the house, catch up on the laundry. Invite some friends over and have a BBQ.

Week-ends are great!

Sadie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Amen to that!

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

I HATE most weekends...it's when the stepkids are here....hahahha. HbH.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

...and watch cartoons ALL morning long if I want too! Yes, weekends are great!

• zev
    zev

weekends ARE great, but not when i have to work

i' want to be home with my Gwen, sleeping late and enjoying our time together.

Edited by - zev on 22 June 2002 10:29:36

• freeman
    freeman

So this is what weekends are like for normal people...I like it, I like it!

Freeman

• Salud
    Salud

My job entails that I work weekends, so for me it was always a struggle juggling meetings, public talks at other KH's, and work. I was always was trading with others so I could make all the meetings, what a pain!! I have to say that it is such a great relief of not having to think about the following Sunday and trying to adjust my skd. When my weekends come around they are all mine, NO FIELD SERVICE!!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yes, weekends are great now. I flashed back to how my entire Saturday morning was spent getting ready for service, service and coming home tired in the afternoon. The day was pretty much given to the society, because, I would make an attempt to study the wt for the meeting on Sunday (grueling). Then, Sunday, getting ready for the meeting, sitting in a zombie state for two hours, going out in service, coming home exhausted. Weekends were a pain in the ass and it didn't warm my heart to look forward to how I was gonna devote my whole weekends to the wtbts! I actually looked forward to Mondays and going to work. A sad life, indeed.

Now I can spend my weekends cleaning in the morning (a much more productive life) and usually feeling good about myself, doing the things I enjoy.

It's a big difference and I'm am so glad to be free at last.

Hugs...

Edited by - Windchaser on 22 June 2002 10:8:7

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Pffftt..I cleaned so many toilets as a JW, I am proud to say, I have given up cleaning, for the most part. Don't get me wrong, the toilet DOES get cleaned, and the vacuuming gets done, but I sure do NOT do it on the weekend. In fact, my husbnad does most of it. I do relate cleaning to my career as a JW. I doubt I will ever see it as a procuctive way of life, just one of those necessary evils. Hahaha. HbH

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Half the weekend is great!! the other half sucks, I think it has to do with my hangovers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit