I kinda feel out of tune with the board

by Kingpawn 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

One of the things that causes the most grief about leaving is the WT is them preventing your JW family from associating with you. Other wise I don't think I would have given a rats ass about them. It's not compulsary to feel bitter and twisted. I do - but then all my family are in and the Tower ruined my relationship with them. My mother has cancer now and I think of all the wasted years she lost to a scam.

Marilyn

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I want to thank everyone who left me a welcome message, especially since intellectually I knew there must be others like me I didn't see any postings that made me realize it, if that makes sense. I didn't consider that many of you have been here so long that info like that was given out long ago.

HomebutHiding makes the point I didn't buy into it. When I look back, I think my approach was kind of like taking it in intellectually but not emotionally during study. I applied it during Thanksgiving that year--hiding in my room fasting while everyone else ate. I can't remember if I was still in by Christmas or not.

For lv4fver: am I understanding you right if I interpret your comment on Jesus being begotten vs. created as meaning, say, a process more akin to birth (an offshoot of God) like in Chronicles rather than a wholly created seperate being? It kinda went over my head (at 5'5" not something needing a lot of effort). I'll have to reread that scene mentioned in Revelation about the resurrection again, but I remember something of it vaguely.

Another blessing I had was brought to mind by what Marilyn said in that much pain is created by the ostracism of those still in the borg (probably the most apt term for the Society). I was the only one in my family who became one. My mother had a copy of the "Truth" book (in mint condition!) but never told me about them.

I don't know if anyon else's checked out the item in the "Net Soup(?)" applet about meetups for ex-JW's but there's one in my area in a couple of weeks and I might go. May not be able--they get cancelled if at least five don't show up and I make two signed up so far.

I went for a walk this morning thinking over some of the things I've learned here, relating them to other facts learned, like 1975 and the counsel at Matt. 24:36, or their demanding two witnesses to a pedophilia allegation. There it didn't take long to see that applying a two-witness requirement to a civil (criminal) as opposed to religious matter (doctrinal questions) was wrong, as well as the "`75 could be it!" hoopla. Reading about it left me appalled and saddened that they ignored the verse and so many lost so much as a result. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there any contrition on the WTBTS's part afterward?

But I'm glad a person in Yahoo Chat nicknamed wturls told me about this site! Thanks again to all who posted, Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit