I LOVED MY WIFE ...... (1)

by Bhagavad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"My sympathies.....but do whatever you have to, to feel her again, if that's what you need. It's only false religion if it feels false in your heart. Don't worry about Christian Dogma. "

Dearest Bhavagad,

I think Ashi said what I was thinking, but said it even better! Whatever eases the pain in your heart is what you should do.....

My very deepest sympathies on your loss, I lost my very best and closest friend to breast Cancer a few years ago, and it devastated me because she had been in remission for so long--and then it flared back up and took her quickly.......

I won't even go into the "prayer" aspect........if I can figure a way to put my "question" on this subject into a subject for posting, I may start a new thread on it.......

I still miss her terribly and I still cry because I don't have her in my life any more.......it has to be EVER so much harder to deal with when you lose a loved mate.

You sound like a very sweet and caring person, and I wish you the very best in your search to bring peace and comfort into your heart.

Hugs,

Annie

• JT
    JT

welcome to the bd and we will support you

• terafera
    terafera

Dearest B,

I cannot imagine the grief and pain you experience daily. Thank you for sharing... I know somtimes the Witnesses arent very compassionate. They say things like,' It's great they'll be in the Paradise." In reality, the pain is not dulled because of that...you are still ripped in half. I hope you find some answers to what you are seeking for... I would recommend doing anything that eases the pain and releases some pent up energy.

Please stick around....I've found huge amounts of healing here, myself. Both spiritually and mentally.

~Tera

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    But now she's gone ...... from breast cancer a couple of years ago

So Sorry about your loss! :( {{{{Hugs}}}}}

~ Bugs

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

I am very sorry for your loss, Bhavagad. I lost my mom to breast cancer also. I have often thought of putting together some memorial, like a grave stone, or something. I think you should pursue whatever helps you deal with your grief and hold onto the memories. I like the candle shrine idea. And don't be concerned that she would ot have approved whiler alive. She didn't have the experiences you have had and did not get to know what you now know about truth. Make the decisions that you feel are best and that represent your true feelings.

Sean

• Jewel
    Jewel

So, so sorry for your loss. Others have said what I feel, but I want to add that what you have physically set up (picture, candle) can be thought of in lots of ways. We, as a nation, have a perpetual flame on John Kennedy's grave and no one sees this as a pagan shrine. It is thought of as a way to honor a memory and preserve it. Think of what you have set up this way. You aren't worshipping her, but it helps you deal with your loss and helps you with your memories. Be kind to yourself. She isn't here to help you through this part, which is, in many ways, the most difficult. I don't think she would be angry with you, but compassionate and honored by your continued expression of love for her.

Jewel.

• not interested
    not interested

Sorry about your loss, I have no way of knowing the pain that you are going through, since i have only lost one person close to me, my great grandma at the age of 98 wich made it easier to accept,but i just wanted to say go ahead and put up the pictures and burn the candles and might i suggest burning som incence maybe patchouli flower, dont look at it as worshiping her or praying to her but as rembering her.

take care,

not interested

• Imbue
    Imbue

(((((Bhagavad)))))))...You have my sympathies and welcome to the board. It helps to have a place to vent your feelings about God and life. It's a normal part of the grief process to feel anger toward God so it appears your making progress with your grief. It's good for you to go through this questioning phase. We will suport you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit