The lunatics are attempting to 'off' another kid

by jelly 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

Another quote from the thread:
    "As to what Jazzy said, I agree. And so if (or when) the DF the father, I hope it happens after the press has dropped it, otherwise it will look like we're attacking a downed man."

He's been shunned by his own family from the moment he told them of his decision to sign the consent papers. What difference is there if they DFd him now or later?? People are still treating him as though it's already a done deal as far as the DFing goes. Amazing how they're more concerned about "appearances" yet again, than about goodness or justice or this young woman's life.

Then this gem:
    "There is so much hate towards Jehovah's people, only Satan can be behind it."

Obviously Satan is behind Jehovah's people, otherwise they wouldn't be so hate-able.

Love, Scully

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

The story's irritating enough - but, what the hell is with all the star wars crap on the JWZone site? I remember attending a sunday talk where I was told Star Wars was Satanic.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I read the whole thread. And yes, it's angers me to no end. This poor kid, at this point, she loses either way.

She has already gotten the blood. She would have never been able to withstand chemo without it, yet, they act like she hasn't received it. She thinks she been tainted. If she lives, I wonder how she will be treated in the Cong.

If she stops getting blood when she needs it, she will die. Period. There are NO blood alternatives in the treatment of leukemia. I wish witnesses would quit touting that for these type of diseases.

I'm glad they are giving her the drug to forget the transfusions. I don't remember the name of it. My daughter received it many times when she had to have her numerous spinal taps. It helps the patients not to panic when a procedure is about to take place.

Even with blood and treatment, there is no guarantee that she will live long term. I'm curious as to what her prognoses is and exactly what type of leukemia she has. I'm thinking because of her age, it's AML. It's been a while, but the survival rate long term is about 50% last I heard. It may be higher now. I hope so. Anyway, if she doesn't survive, the witnesses are going to point to the blood transfusions as being the cause. They are going to have a field day with that one.

As far as Witnesses go. As so many here believed for years, those people on that board believe in The New System and Paradise. That with this blood, no matter how absurd we think the belief is, her chance of seeing that are being jeopardized. Most of them believe it to their core. In a Watchtower trance, they are. They are just as angry with us (Satans world) as we are with them.

My hope for this girl is that she lives a long life. And that one day she will be able to see the farce that the WTS is. Because then, considering what she has been through, she will no longer feel contaminated and that she let God down.

Andee

• jelly
    jelly

The self righteousness of these people amazes me.

I think the viewpoint that witnesses have regarding modern medicine was the beginning of my ascent out of the organization. I come from a family that has a medical background (Four RNs, sister getting doctorate and teaches at university) when the blood brochure came out in the early 90s I was reading it with some of my co-religionist and saw a mistake. I dont remember what the mistake was if I had the brochure I could find it but I brought up to everyone in the room that a point in the article was not exactly true. As you can imagine I became very popular after that. I think thats was when some of the first doubts started to enter my mind. Not because there was a logical flaw in the brochure but because of the reaction of everyone in the room, basically anger.

Jelly

Edited by - jelly on 22 June 2002 4:3:29

• Shield
    Shield

I used to have a lot of respect for Jehovah's Witnesses.

That embedded thread is a sure cure for most people suffering from the symptom I described above.

I don't think JWs are all bad, but they sure need a makeover in the dogma department...

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The rape thing:

WT 1-15-64 scream
    WT 6-1-68 scream
    Aid to Bible Understanding, 1969, 1971 don't scream
    Awake! 3-8-74 scream
    Awake! 7-8-80 don't scream
    WT 10-15-80 scream
    WT 3-15-83 don't scream
    Awake! 2-22-84 scream
    Awake! 6-8-84 don't scream and scream
    Awake! 5-22-86 scream
    Insight on the Scriptures, 1988 don't scream
    Awake! 3-8-93 don't scream
    WT 12/15/98 scream

• JT
    JT

the comment was made:

i feel sorry for all of them,,,,,,,,,,,the blood issue so is hard to deal with because victims themselves take such a stand for what they have been hypnotized to believe........ they are so firmly convinced that their viewpoint is correct, they are willing to die for it.........

######

i agree with you 100%- while many poster dog the jw for the comments that they make- it would be good to keep in mind that many of us perhaps at one time shared the same warped views on blood

I find the jw comments very powerful testimony of the powerful control that High Control Groups exercise over thier members

as someone posted above the concern about the child death is secondary-

what is good to keep in mind is that if the Sept 1,2002 QFR came out and reclassified blood as a conscience matter almost every single jw poster on that site would do a 180 degre about face

and that to me is the big story of how a person can be lead along to the point of death, quoting scripture, invoking that this is the will of god and in less than 2 min after reading a QFR that RECINDED the wt position on blood jw around the world would respond the same way a loyal jw does who was alive during 1975 - when asked about 750

I don';t know what you are talking about we never said anything of importance about 1975--- is how they would respond and the same with the blood issue -

if wt did a flip flop they would deny it to the death

you got to love it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit