1981 Ph.D Thesis on JWs

by JAVA 26 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Larc, I just checked www.jw-media.org and they appear to have pulled all the "experts" VNR's or whatever there called. They used to be in PDF format which I think that I could have converted to text and posted on the board for you.

Wasn't it just 2 weeks ago or so that they had 6 VNR's on their about how good they are with children and child abuse? Well, they just have good ol' J.R. Brown and Rodney on there now. I guess it all just blew right over for them.

• VM44
    VM44

Zellner's dissertation may be order through Disertation Express at: http://wwwlib.umi.com/dxweb/gateway Here is the dissertation information: "OF ANOTHER WORLD: THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES." ZELLNER, WILLIAM WESLEY, PHD. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, 1981. 128 pp. "Dissertations ordered online are available in unbound shrink-wrapped format only. Delivery, by priority mail, should be within 4-5 working days of placing your order (titles prior to 1980 may take a few extra days). Price $ 32.00 (does not include tax). " --VM44

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

http://lsb.scu.edu/econrel/Downloads/JWGrow-O.pdf

Hey there Slip if your still checking this thread I have a Q.

I accessed the URL with acrobat and blah blah...However I wanted to save the document. I am unable to even highlight it.

Is there a way around that?...plum

• JAVA
    JAVA

VM44,

Thank you for the information and link for Dissertation Express! I knew various outlets provided that service, but have not used one. I think there are several folks on this forum that might want a copy of Zellner's 1981 work. In 1964, John Lofland did a participant-as-observer study of the then fledgling Unification Church (Moonies) in the United States. Zellner compares several observations between the Moonies and Witnesses; it's worth the read. Thanks again, VM44.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hey Gilbert Gnarley,

Hey, JAVA this is Gilbert Gnarley, here at the Mt. Pisga retirement home.

You people in the home are always buying cheap. Hewlett Packard ain't really a computer, and for all it's worth, you and the misses are better off with WebTV. Get a Dell. It will cost a few more plants from the back forty, but comes with a mother board that works.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

plmkrzy, you should see an icon that will allow you to save the document. If you still are having trouble, I can email you a copy.

It is interesting how optimistic Dr. Stark was on the growth of the Witnesses in 1997. 5 years later they are plateauing. Did it take 2 years for the Generation change to kick in? Seems that 1995 was the year that major doctrinal shifts started to take place.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<It is interesting how optimistic Dr. Stark was on the growth of the Witnesses in 1997. >

The more I read about Dr. Stark, the more I wonder: was this man ever right about ANYTHING?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit