JWs and Stronger Marriages?

by Pubsinger 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yeah, add me to the stats. I married two jw men (divorced, remarried and divorced the second one). First hand, the marriages were not strong, not strong at all.

Dottie: Hey, that's my name, too! Nice to meet ya.

Edited by - windchaser on 20 June 2002 15:48:57

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Windchaser...Dottie...Mariiam...Mariam 12 ..What name you going to stick with?

I like..Kristina's name..Garbage ..Don't you?

Let's have a cig break....talk over old times...

GG

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    This business-- that only by marrying another JW can one really assure marital bliss-- is one of the most pervasive myths in dubdom. It's one every JW believes deeply, despite the mountains of contrary evidence sitting all around them at the Kingdom Hall.

I think it is true, at least from one viewpoint. A JW who marries a non-JW is highly likely to have a troubled marriage because of the pressure that the organization will bring to bear. In effect, a wall will be erected between the two partners.

However, the concept that, if a JW marries another JW, all will be blissful paradise, is definitely a fantasy that many of them subscribe to.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was married for just over 42 years. He was not a JW Used to beat me because I was. But the "loving" elders told me-I had to stick it out-"after all Grace- some of our brothers & sisters are in prisons in other counties- Having a very hard time. Really when you think about it-you have freedom to walk around come to the K Hall -Meet with loving sisters etc:"

You know what I swallowed it all...Stayed until he died. At that time I was beginning to doubt-but he (Hubby) wanted me to pray to Jehovah now

to get well.He wanted a" Brother? "to give his talk...only a couple of JW showed up for the talk. I had been marked-I read 1. "The Orwellion Mind Of Jehovahs Witnesses"2 ...My youngest daughter had left the "lie" to marry an unbeliever.& 3 I had read Crises of Conscience...When they kicked me out( cos I didnt believe Jesus came in 1914) my husband had been dead a couple of years 1985-

out in 1987

I was to old to find anyone with whom to spend my freedom ....Now at 75....I am goin to the Assembly tomorrow-to hear what lies they are preaching now- Since I am WELL KNOWN in Ontario as the Evil Slave- I think there will be a few meesy knickers .when they see me....

I shall smile lovingly-If they kick me out I will call the Press- It says open to the public...I am public....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Grace))) I always knew there was something really wrong in Sue's family. Sorry to hear it was that bad.

Have a great time at the assmebly. Not only are you public you're Mouthy And not ashamed to show it.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Hi, Snoozy, nice to see you here. I like your new name, Golden Girl, too!

• GarbageGirl
    GarbageGirl

Well, Well, Well.......Look who found another place to bash people.....SNOOOOOOOOZY! Golden Girl!!! HA!!! Actually, that's too much of a compliment for you.....if you are reffering to the show because of your age, well then, you are sadly mistaken! All three of them have more of a personality and more compassion and understanding than you have one ounce of in your brain!

Didn't think I'd find the post about my name, huh?! If you had taken the time to read any of my original posts you would have seen that "Garbage" is the name of one of my favorite bands! And you better watch out....there are a lot of Garbage Fans on this site...and another member named Beautiful Garbage! Watch your mouth Snoozy. As usual, you are treading in unknown territory!

I may have held my tongue on the other board, only out of respect for Tim though...but not here....I'll tell you how it is! Don't talk shit about me Snooooozy! As usual, you know nothing about me, and it shows in your post! And don't even start in with Wind....I'm NOT HAVING IT on here!

You may have got by with all your constant badgering and game playing shit on the other board, but I am not about to deal with it here!

You wanna be here fine....but don't start with me and Wind!

Have you taken your medication yet today Snoozy? You know the one...for your MENTAL ILLNESS.....

GG aka KRISTINA

(Sorry to anyone I may have offended. This has been a constant thing with her. Lots of people left the other board we posted at because of her. She's sneaky and manipulative. She likes to "play" the nice guy. Then she starts to stir up shit, gets everyone upset, and screams "Poor me! Poor me! What did I do?!" She is also notorious for writing nasty threads to get people upset, then she goes back and deletes all the text so there isn't any proof of what she said. She caused quite a stir on the other board. Even when we had a person on there that was terminally ill. She made loads of nasty remarks and got everyone so upset. Our friend that was terminally ill ended up leaving because of all the drama she caused. She did come back periodically...but it was never the same. Golden Girl is nosey, manipulative, sneaky and just downright nasty! She just doesn't like me cuz I don't put up with her games. I speak my mind...she's not used to that.)

Edited by - GarbageGirl on 20 June 2002 21:35:35

• Xander
    Xander
    I think something else people should realize is most JW's marriages take place when people are 18-22 year old (hey when you can't make whoopie it puts the pressure on to find a lifemate)

(EDIT: TMFI)

Edited by - Xander on 21 June 2002 14:36:35

• Xander
    Xander

Oh, crap, I killed the thread, didn't I?

C'mon, surely there is SOME JW marriage that stayed together for some time with both parties actually happy.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Edited by - Xander on 20 June 2002 22:52:58

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

off the top of my head i can only think of one couple from my old congregation that had gotten divorced. then about a year or two later they decided to get remarried. ended up being miserable as ever. i still haven't a clue what ever ended up happening to them.

as far as dubs getting married too young--i totally agree with that. my mom always insists on keeping me up to date on who's getting married, having babies, etc. as of late, it seems like all the people i know that are getting married had graduation parties last summer. are you even legal to buy cigarettes yet? lord knows you can't even legally drink at your own wedding reception!! if only they would do away with the silly 'no sex before marriage' rule i don't think you really find out who you are until your early 20's and some of us are still finding out who we are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit