Rude/Snotty Witnesses

by dottie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dottie
    dottie

Has anyone had an experience similar to the following? Or had a social life(total oxymoron, I know) like mine in the borg?

Last evening we had to take our clothes to the laudrymat(sp?) as our dryer was buggered, and when we pulled into the parking lot, a lady zipped into the stall which we were going to pull into. She then proceded to get out of her car and give us dirty looks while shaking her head at us. She was rude inside the laundrymat, as well scowling at me while I was waiting for a dryer. The whole time I'm wondering what her problem is. I when to sit down, out of her scowling line of sight, and when I got up to check my clothes I noticed her VERY involved in something, busy scribbling notes and such. When she walked away, I noticed on the table that she was studying the WATCHTOWER AND BIBLE!!!!!

I wanted to walk over there and cuff her upside the head with her bible, but instead, I "turned the other cheek".

I was thinking to myself later that it's a good thing that most of the witnesses I knew growing up were always in their various cliques, and I never fit in anywhere with anyone. If I had belonged to one of these cliques (like my younger brother did) I'm sure that I'd still be a witness today, baptized and being an uneducated housewife with 12 kids. One of the few instances in life where being the loner actually paid off!

Dottie

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

just the thought of "what if I turned out like that" and became a clique person makes my skin crawl.

puke..vomit..barf..

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

There are rude people everywhere Dottie - and the troof is no exception - as you had demonstrated to you last nite.

Marilyn

• terafera
    terafera

Wow...that doesnt surprise me in the least...sounds very jw-typical. Not that every jw is like that... but some tend to think they are better than others.

By the way, did she have grey hair, kinda curly, skinny and tall? Could be my mother.....

• Wendy
    Wendy

ROFLOL@ tera!

I agree with the others, busy, busy, busy bees doing god's work and stepping over the future bird food in their way. So sad.

wendy

• Preston
    Preston

Reminds me of what Woody Allen said: "I would never want to belong to a club that would want to have someone like me for a member..."

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Birds carry and pass many seeds, planting them nearby and far, with fertiliser.

paduan

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Maybe she didn't like your nose ring and tatoos on your forehead LOL...joking aside I agree with the others. There are judgemental people in all walks of life...not just JW.

What I do find surprising is that she didn't take the opportunity to witness to you...a scowl from her direction is a bad witness indeed.

Beck

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    I noticed on the table that she was studying the WATCHTOWER AND BIBLE!!!!!

You sure this person was a JW? Because JW's don't study the bible

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

You did miss a great opportunity to make her squirm by pointing out her rude behaviour and to comment VERY LOUDLY that you were surprised and shocked seeing as she was a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit