chitlins

by teejay 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I was eating dinner at my second family in the Truth's house (didn't everybody have a "second family in the Truth"?) The were fixing chitlins. They smelled like boiling crap, not that I'm overly familiar with the smell of boiling crap, but everyone assured me that my "second mother in the Truth" was always extra thorough in cleaning them.

I was the only white (though I think it's more a southern thang than a black thang) person there who was brave enough to try them. I got a nice heaping pile, loaded on the hot sauce, and got the fork right up to my lips before the gag reflex kicked in.

I was terribly embarrassed, and though I fervently reassured the cook that it wasn't a commentary on my confidence in her cooking, I had to get that reeking pile of putrescence the heck off my plate!

The homemade black forest cake was divine. I made up for the chitlins by eating three pieces of cake.

Hmmm

Edited by - hmmm on 20 June 2002 21:47:10

• teejay
    teejay

Hmmm,

When you want to, you can be one funny, FUNNY man. You had me laughing so much that my chest hurt. I'm serious. I laughed so hard that I had to do some things to make myself stop laughing. Read right after seeing Valis' graphic, your words were almost more than I could stand. What you said was funny... as... hell.

So, I take it that you don't care much for chitlins. Am I right about that?

I *knew* we had some things in common...

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    He grew up in Oakland, so he has tons of "weird" stories for me.

LOL wendy !!

btw, this is one sick thread

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LMAO @ bittermango!

That is THE CUTEST emoticon!

HAHAHA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit