Sad, Sad Life Story...July 1st WT 2002

by ISP 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I was cleaning out my mailbox, and I happened to come across this. A poster on this board, who is African, sent it to me last year. Perhaps it's not as uncommon as we might have wished.

Lisa

###################################

We lost this brother in our hall. And I'm feeling very sad. He lived by the sea. I saw him every meeting day but didn't care enough to ask him where he lived or what he did. He always got to all the meetings at least about an hour before they begin. We used to clean the hall together on TMS & SM days.He always wore a smile. A pioneer, well known in the locality. He was a good man. He was a very poor man too. He died of dehydration from diarrhea/cholera. He died on his bed by the sea. No wife. No children. And he was fifty four. He ws buried yesterday. I feel the pain for what I never did. And I'm wondering what becomes of us all. The man lived such a very simple life; it was impossible that he smiled all the time. Almost everyone I've met thought he must've been in his late thirties. I thought he was about thirty five. He was very healthy and strong. He was a dredger; he scoops tons of sands from the bottom of the sea for a living. I feel it's a shame he died the way he did...

Your friend,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit