Sad, Sad Life Story...July 1st WT 2002

by ISP 20 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Take a good look at the guys picture - does he look like he's full of joy?

The whole tone of his life experience sounds like a man weary of living, having

lived his whole life anticipating its end. You also get the impression that this is

a man disconnected from real loving human contact - his wife eventually gets sick

and dies, his kids go unmentioned, unnamed people clean his house.

Really sad - and there are countless others like him in the Watchtower.

metatron

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

But perhaps you should allow a bit for different cultures when it comes to how one tells a story. I in my younger days studied the communist literature - and other literature - of Albania, and they are so full of names. They are always so eager to tell that this person's name was so and so, and he was the son of this one and married to that one etc. And when you then read the life story of the Albanian Witness I think it was back in '92 or something like that, close to the only one who had survived 40 years of living in an atheist nation, you see the same - names, names, names.

What I mean, is that perhaps one reason why so many people are unnamed in this African Witness's story, is because they do not use the names of other people so often as some other cultures do? I don't know, all I'm saying (... is give peace a chance ...), is that different cultures tell a story in different ways.

• LDH
    LDH
    LDH, you don't find many pension funds in East Africa ........

You don't find many Brooklyn-based cults sucking 65 years of life out of someone, either.

Lisa

• Gozz
    Gozz

Old Hippie,

not true about Africans not wanting to mention names. Not true. Watchtower people wrote the article in the standard style. That couldnt have been this sad mans style. Africans will mention their children, whether for good or for bad, but Watchtower decides they are dead since they didnt learn the truth.

Edited by - Gozz on 19 June 2002 11:44:25

• LDH
    LDH

Gozz, so nice to see you! (((((((((YOU)))))))))))) What is going on?

As I read this, it struck me that for 65 years of faithful service, why wasn't this brother one of the GB? Why did they make ol' Samuel Herd the token black? I think he was preaching when Sam was still in diapers.

Lisa

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

OK, Gozz, it was just a thought, as I remembered the Albanian articles.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

WOW

65 YEARS OF LIFE WASTED IN DEVOTION TO A CULT WHOSE BOTTOM LINE IS THE DISTRIBUTION OF LITERATURE TO ACCRUE REVENUE.

65 YEARS OF LIFE WASTED IN DEDICATION TO AN ORGANIZATION WHICH SHIELDS PEDOPHILES, KILLS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE EVERY YEAR WITH THE ADHERENCE TO A BLOOD DOCTRINE, DIVIDES FAMILIES BY APPLICATION OF AN UNSCRIPTURAL SHUNNING DOCTRINE, AND DRIVES SOME TO SUICIDE FOR FEELING THEIR LIFE IS WORTHLESS BECAUSE THEY LOSE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER KNOWN FOR SIMPLY QUESTIONING MAN-MADE IDEAS.

65 YEARS OF LIFE WASTED IN PROCLAIMING THE MESSAGE OF AN ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS LIED, TWISTED, AND MANIPULATED THE FACTS (EVEN IN THEIR OWN LITERATURE) TO SERVE THE COMPANY'S OWN SELFISH INTERESTS.

A SAD STORY IF I EVER HEARD ONE.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 20 June 2002 2:44:10

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Oh, Reborn2002, you don't really mean that? :-)

• LDH
    LDH

Earlier I asked:

As I read this, it struck me that for 65 years of faithful service, why wasn't this brother one of the GB? Why did they make ol' Samuel Herd the token black? I think he was preaching when Sam was still in diapers.

Probably because he was a black African...you think? I mean, he was good enough to preach to the local witch doctors and all, but that's about it.

C'MON! Anybody who was anybody over here in the States after only a few years of faithful service was invited to NYC for some 'further' blessing.

Yes, I think there is prejudice on the GB. They probably all had to change their Depends when they finally acquiesced to ol' Sam serving shoulder to shoulder, LOL.

And of course, that article will help with the placements in Africa, which is the same continent they are printing up those nice coloring books brochures about a relationship with God.

Man those Africans must be dumb.

Lisa

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    I am black, and she is white

Um, why the heck was this even mentioned? I mean geesh!

ISP -

Why the 'eventually'. Sounds like he was waiting for it.

GOOD CATCH!

moe

WHY DO MY POSTS KEEP HIGHLIGHTING STUFF IN GREY AND WHITE ACK

Edited by - MrMoe on 20 June 2002 12:6:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit