Does The Governing Body Have Enemies At Bethel?

by Brokeback Watchtower 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I bet this latest robbing of all the US congregation's of their money that they just took from them by forcing the elders to comply with their wish by adopting a resolution to send all surpluses to them except immediate operational cost(you get DF'd for non compliance to Mother's suggestions), and the forced selling Kingdom Halls where all proceeds are sent to the WT Charity Corporation.

Certainly this type of behavior must set off some type of warnings in their computer systems to do a deeper search and find out what's going on with this doom's day cult.

• fulano
    fulano

@Orphan.

I mentioned the two I know were missionaries, just like me. How many green handshakes you think you get in third world countries? We hardly had money to Buy a decent bottle of wine on saturday nights.

But as I said,...keep on trying. The stories about the GB, preaching or not preaching, expensive clothing, the shareholders.....any insider could hardly suppress a smile.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I have to say, if the GB do have any "enemies" at WTHQ, it's 'cause they made 'em.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    @Orphan.
    I mentioned the two I know were missionaries, just like me. How many green handshakes you think you get in third world countries? We hardly had money to Buy a decent bottle of wine on saturday nights.

You are absolutely right. The missionaries who are also Society members who worked in third world countries would have little opportunity to shake green hands.

But, not all of the Society men work in third world countries. Some of them rub shoulders with prominent JWs (and non-JWs) who are heavily invested in blood management or run bloodless surgery hospitals, and some show up at FDA hearings about artificial blood. Some of them are in charge of securing paper supplies (Henwood court case, if you want details), and some are in close contact with real estate brokers....etc., etc.

When someone offers evidence that the Society men are underpaid, it just adds more weight to the possibility of there being other Society men, who are also underpaid, that aren't so complacent in their low paying positions and who succumb to the temptation of increasing their disposable income by accepting 'gifts' in exchange for favors.

vidiot: I have to say, if the GB do have any "enemies" at WTHQ, it's 'cause they made 'em.

Yes. It is like the large scale employers like chain corporations who hire large staffs at minimum wage. Their biggest problem isn't customer theft, it is employee theft. I wouldn't be surprised if petty theft is a big issue in the WT compounds/Bethels.

As far as enemies of the GB go, the ones who are most likely to revolt are ones like the poor missionaries in third world countries, that are sincere and honest in their commitments, getting pissed because they find out that not all of the Society men are cut from the same cloth. Unfortunately, those sincere Society men are powerless. They have no money or influence. They only have their single vote and it isn't worth much if they say anything - they will get tossed on their ear before they get a chance to organize enough like minded ones who also have a vote.

• Magnum
    Magnum

fulano, I believe you are sincere and I believe you are right about what you see in your part of the world. However, I've seen the green handshakes in the U.S. I've seen COs and other higher-ups get big perks. I saw one get a huge fancy motor home custom made for him by JWs in his circuit. When it was finished, it was easily worth $250,000. I've seen the receipts for fancy meals (steaks & alcoholic drinks) for bethel speakers and the CO and his wife - meals that were paid for by the circuit ($75.00 for 4 people).

I've heard many accounts and seen many myself of the special treatment given to JW higher-ups. Didn't J.R. Brown drive a fancy car (Lexus?) provided to him by his congregation or brothers therein?

As to the GB and field service, I believe they do token service. Let me relate a true account. Some twenty years ago, I was an elder and my book study assistant had been in our congregation for about six months. In those six months I saw him in service not one single time. He was my assistant and didn't assist me at all. He didn't go out on weekends and he didn't go out during the week (I know because I was a regular pioneer and was out during the week).

He was a ministerial servant in his former congregation and it came time for the CO's visit in our congregation. So when the elders had a meeting shortly before the CO's visit, this brother's name came up as to whether he should appointed as a ministerial servant in our congregation. I immediately spoke up and said that I never saw him out in service.

However, another elder, who himself never went out in service and was a goody-goody, spoke up and said "I saw him in service once". I was thinking "once - are you kidding me"? At that point, I just gave up and let them recommend him for reappointment.

Are you being like that elder who saw that former ministerial servant out in service once? How many times did you see a certain GB member out in service in a given period of time? Can you honestly say that GB members regularly and consistently work in the ministry? Do they really give the ministry the attention that they tell everybody else to?

Maybe so, but right now I don't believe it. I found out that even most COs don't really work in the ministry. I've heard publishers who count their time by the books say things like "I don't get any time when the CO comes around". Some of the COs are a joke when it comes to the ministry. I believe the GB don't even do as much as the COs.

• fulano
    fulano

I understand your point Magnum. And you are right that the more prominent bethelites have other priorities than field-service.

The fact that I lived abroad in third world countries doesnt mean I did not know about donations. We had among the 24 missionaries, a single sister from California. She received every year loads of money. Helped locals with it and bought a new van every two years. But that were exeptions.

• millie210
    millie210

I really like hearing your point of view fulano. I went back and read your other threads and posts.

You have lived a life few of us have. We have heard about it but no first hand experience (at least I havent had any)

I am very impressed with your reply to Magnum - you sound humble and reasonable. Two qualities I greatly admire.

In your opinion, what do you think are the chances of another whistle blower like Ray Franz in our lifetime? Maybe not a Governing Body member but someone in the know. As in a G.B. "helper" maybe?

• millie210
    millie210
    OrphanCrow
    The power structure of the WTS is determined by their Charter. They are legally bound to follow their Charter.
    I have only ever been able to find a copy of the 1945 WTBTS Charter and I don't know what, if any, amendments have been made to the charter since that time. I have never found any other documents pertaining to their charter.
    http://sj.rozcesti.org/system/files/1945_Charter_of_WTBTS.pdf
    It is in the charter that one discovers that "the Society" is made up of a select group of men (300-500) and the charter also lays down the requirements for membership in that select group and how the lines of power are to be arranged.

OrphanCrow,

Thank you for your comments on this thread. It is blowing my mind and you have a lot of good info.

I read the link above, dryer than crackers it was! gah!

I noticed the Ninth resolution was the only one that wasnt unanimous. Can anyone here explain why?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    @Orphan. Whether they did or do it for love, I don't know. I answered the question if the members have profit or not. That's all. And No they havent they were pooor as rats..... fulano
    You could put a down payment on a house.. With the Watches the WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Popes Wear...
    Image result for Watchtower Anthony morris...Image result for Watchtower Anthony morris caleb sophia
  • fulano
    fulano

@Millie. Thanks for your comment. I think it's hard to say if a man like Ray Franz will show up again. Anyway I don't have the knowledge for that as I left the organisation about 13 years ago.

@Outlaw. Don't quote me wrong please. I answered this on the question if the shareholders of the society made money on the fact being shareholders. I mentioned I knew two missionaries and that had no money to spend.

About the watches...what brand are they..Seiko, Timex, or Omega or Rolex?

In case they are one of the better brands, they are not that expensive Anyway, they might be fake, you buy them everyday on 5th avenue from the africans. Anyway, from their allowance they were not able to buy the real thing. Unless they saved for ten years. I agree with you that is not wise nor showing modesty to show this. But how they got them, if they are real, who knows. Some brother owns a business on watches. Anyway, who cares? I don't. What matters are the false teachings that spoilt my life for 35 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit