New BOE letters every day!

by Kent 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

From today there will be a new BOE letter posted every day on the Watchtower Observer.

On http://kent.steinhaug.com/boe these letters will be downloadable as PDF documents, and every day I'm at home a new letter will be posted. I will keep on doing this for more than a year, so keep yourself updated.

Kent

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Awesome, Kent! Incredible work!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Its about time you, Kent, started posting here again.

You are too valuable a source and have such an awesome internet site - http://watchtower.observer.org

I know people have differences but when it comes to getting information out your site is needed. I have no idea why your web site was removed on this db and is NOT listed/linked to this db. It should be re-posted.

Thanks sir and keep on posting!!!!!

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 18 June 2002 13:25:45

Edited by - hawkaw on 18 June 2002 14:46:5

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost

Kent -- You rock!

Kisses,

Moe

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

OK, I'll bite...what's BOE? so much new jargon here. Also, anyone have the info regarding a supposed new 15 minute minimum time requirement? Still looking for that info. thanks.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

BOE = Body of Elders
    15 minute rule = allowing elderly/infermed to report a min of 15 minutes to be counted as a publisher. Prior to 15 min rule you were not allowed to report fractions of hours.

• Celia
    Celia

Kent, so nice to see you again !

I missed you, you're one of my favorite posters, you know !

• desertflower
    desertflower

My JW daughter told me that the 15 min. was only those that were not able to get more time in.
    Not for regular JW's. DF

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

DF...it is solely up to the elders who the rule can be implemented for.

But the fact that someone HAS to have accepted in 15 minutes per month is nothing less than pathetic.

I hour can be ONE lousy letter. Can't the ENTIRE congregation find ONE address (out of the local phone book) for a person to write to, so they can count an hour? Or, can't ONE person take a Bible study to this person's house (or nursing home) or invite this publisher on their bible study, or set up a speakerphone hook up while they were studying?

This 15 minute rule per month is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen a religion do. It relieves them of the 'strain' of seeing that somehow a person turns in one hour of time.

It is SO obvious that this rule is designed to beef up falling publisher NUMBERS, and it may work in the short term. The next thing they are going to HAVE to do is get rid of the 'irregular publisher' arrangement. Turning in time at least one hour per year. That's IF Watchtower isn't doing it already (average number of publishers......hmmmm)

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

The 15 minute rule has to be "approved" by the elders. This rule is set up for the elderly and infirmed. From what I see, due to diminishing #'s on the yearly report, this is a sad attempt to get the numbers up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit