Arrogance at it's Best

by HoChiMin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    you referring to god as 'jovie' is the same as your daddy calling black people spooks

So I guess if I refer to God as Jehoover, I might as well call Asian people "Gooks."

Hmm....unorthodox, but I like it!

Lisa

Calling a spade a ......well nevermind, Class

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Prove to me they are a cult.

Anyone asking a question like that is in deep, deep denial.

Read Steve Hassan. Report back to us with your observations.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: you referring to god as 'jovie' is the same as your daddy calling black people spooks

Wrong. Spooks are MUCH nicer than jovie.

Farkel

• LDH
    LDH

People won't see it before they are ready. Therefore, IMHO, labeling the JWs a cult when talking to them, is counter productive.

I think Kubler-Ross described "acceptance" as the third stage of healing.....after denial and anger.

Lisa

• detective
    detective

HCM,
    It strikes me that your lurker friend is bothered by "Jovie" then they must also take exception to referring to Jehovah as "Jah"?!
    Just a thought.

As far as Hassan's books go- I highly recommend them to anyone on this board.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

HBH
    Just by the fact, alone that they give their UNDIVIDED allegiance to the GB shows that they are a

cult

cult

(kŭlt ) noun

1.a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. b. The followers of such a religion or sect.

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.

An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

I remember one "sister" telling me that if the Society tells me black is white, and that white is black then that is what I will believe." As crazy as that may sound, she damn well meant it. There are many among the R&F that feel the same exact way.

Edited by - Dismembered on 27 June 2002 9:45:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit