Tissues or Hankies ??

by Prisca 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Time for a bit of fluff, methinks....

Which do you use - tissues or hankies?

I use tissues, cos I don't see any reason why I would want to put something I've blown my nose on in with the rest of my laundry

What about you?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Handkerchiefs are hopelessly passe (out of date) in our part of the world. When I last had one several years back, my stepkids scolded and teased me about how yucky and unhealthy it was. They were right.

It's part of a bygone era, like when all men wore hats in public.

• D8TA
    D8TA

I try to avoid using Hank's tissues, especially if it's already been use.

I use what's available: Tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, my sleeve, socks, cloth towels, shirts, or hold one nostril down with my finger and letting the wad blow through the open one.....and I'm kidding.

I use tissue.

D8TA

• ISP
    ISP

Ah.........but don't you think hankies would be better for the environment?????

ISP

Rev 11.18 Class

• Simon
    Simon

Well, coming as I do from the industrial northwest with all of it's glorious history ... the industrial revolution, the computer revolution, the home of music and football and, oh soory, what was the question again?

Tissue ... hankies ... ?

I'm a SLEEVE MAN !

lol

• ISP
    ISP

They didn't call you 'Greensleeves' for nothing......

ISP

• myself
    myself

Tissues, but not D8TA's. Tissues are biodegradable aren't they?

• Xander
    Xander
    don't you think hankies would be better for the environment

Looks at washing machine detergent ingredients.

Looks at tissue ingredients.

No, no I think tissues are better for the environment.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Tissues because I don't want to be an old fuddie duddie with a hankie.

Actually Andy calls my eldest daughter Lia 'Hankie Head' when she wears a banadana...so I guess Hankie's aren't completely out of date.

I am grateful for Andy's old fashioned habits...as he likes to keep his top drawer full of freshly ironed hankies...I HATE IRONING...but that is all he asks of me...to iron his hankies (after they have been washed of course). And he takes one to work every day...such a routine man. There have times when no tissues are around...and the 'sleeve' is out of the question...and I'm certainly not one to hoik in the street...ewwwww....and so old fuddie duddie Andy to the rescue

Beck

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

tissues. no doubt. for all the reasons mentioned...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit