WT Fortifies Its Firewall

by belbab 23 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

A friend asked me to accompany him to the District Assembly held this past weekend in our area.

In the talk at 11:40 am Sunday, entitled Be Like Jeremiah--Fearlessly Proclaim the Word of God, as others have posted on this board, a reference was made about the Dateline program, but no specifics were given.

From the meagre notes and memory, I will try and paraphrase the argument the speaker read from his pre-packaged discourse.

He quoted the text from 1John 5:19, ....the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. Therefore, everything that comes from the world is from Satan and will be against us. What comes from the news media, is misinformation and propaganda from Satan. The speaker exhorted his audience to avoid harmful influences of the world, to separate themselves from threats to their spirituality. He listed these threats, (I may have missed one or two) they are:

Entertainment of the world

Apostasy from the internet

Debates over trivial matters within the congregation

Avoid being side-tracked

He quoted Ephesians 5:32, But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.

So there you have it, people,

Television reports and news articles are Satans efforts to destroy Gods organization.

Do not discuss trivial wrongdoings (pedophilia) in the congregation

If any wrong doers are within the congregation, be kind, be compassionate and freely forgive them.

Will this strategy be successful for them? Will their firewall hold? It will back fire on them.

What will be the reaction of the press when they learn that all their news reports, the disclosure of scandal anywhere in the world is influenced by the Original Slanderer himself, Satan the Devil. How many news reporters have lost their lives trying to expose evil in the world? Were their efforts only for fame and glory? Were the firefighters and rescue workers on 9/11 working for Satan?

What is now required is an accurate transcript of this talk. If anyone reading this post sees an opportunity, to tape the talk at another assembly, and we can obtain an accurate transcript, then we will pass it along to the reporters, and they will do the rest.

belbab

• Simon
    Simon

boy, they must be terrified to mention it and make such an obvious attempt to stop people listening !

• Xander
    Xander
    What comes from the news media, is misinformation and propaganda from Satan

Oh, good. So, when the news media declares 'true peace and security', that means....??

Or, wait, what about when the media is reporting on wars and reports of wars, or earthquakes in one place after another, that's all misinformation and propoganda from Satan? Then, we must NOT be living in the time of the end???

Edited by - Xander on 17 June 2002 19:23:59

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I don't know how Satan puts up with these JW's.

Tax exemptions come from Satan. Fire and police protection come from Satan. Welfare and Medicare and Social Security come from Satan. School ages kindergarten through 12 comes from Satan. Disability insurance/payments comes from Satan. Roads and schools and drinking water and electricity come from Satan.

Right?????????????????

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

By his reasonings, wouldn't also the convictions of the criminals who molested those children also be from Satan and an effort to discredit the Borg?

Just when I thought they could sink no lower in their efforts to cover-up their crimes, they do it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Belbab,

Thank you for this post.

Will this strategy be successful for them? Will their firewall hold? It will back fire on them.

I think it will inevitably fail. The older generation, who were loyal to the end are dying and being replaced with a younger, more cynical, in many ways less idealistic generation. These commands may have worked with us BelBab, but looking into the eyes of many of the younger JW's I do not see the same fervor. I see a more secular mentality, one that speaks of 'New Worlds' but hums the tune of long-stay - pension plans, children, steady life.

There will always be those driven by their ideals, but these seem to be much harder to find than they were. The WTS will label them materialistic, weak, half-hearted, but they will never acknowledge that they created the problems within the system that they now grapple hard to control.

One CO in counseling and old JW women in her 70s who had complained about the change in the generation understanding that had left her peers high and dry, was heard to say, "This Mary, is a challenge of faith for you, but you must not blame the GB. They are as affected by the change as you are". This from a 33 year old CO. I wonder how he will rise to this challenge of faith when his turn comes.

As ever Belbab, an interesting post - HS

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, and the way that damn Satan gives them Freedom of Religion court victories proves that he is in charge of ... oh wait, that proves he cant' be ... but then that prooves that they are making it all up ...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Nice to know they consider their recent victory against the small community of Stratton, Ohio a victory from Satan. They'll climb in bed with anybody to get ahead!

And still, they cannot see the fallacy of their BS claims!

• Southland
    Southland

Belbab writes:

Do not discuss trivial wrongdoings (pedophilia) in the congregation

Excuse me, last time I checked, there was nothing trivial about pedophilia.

• thewiz
    thewiz

If someone held a knife to my swinging balls, I would do just about anything they said. These people are swinging balls. "No, no, no, if you don't listen to us we'll cut you loose."

It's the kobiAshiMaru -the no win scenario. (Star Trek II?). Stay in, your will is taken away. Leave and your dead forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit