I'm busted!!!!!

by terafera 24 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

Oh man....check this out.

My brother, an active jw, whom I am very close too, called me sometime last year to tell me about the UN issue. I never cared to talk about religion .... most of my family is in and I'm not. So I boringly reply,'oh yeah'..not really listening. He told me an apostate that lives in his apartment complex told him there were articles on the net. I was a little curious... so I go to watchtowerobserver.org. Very interesting stuff.

Now I click on a link that takes me here. After a few weeks of reading, I post my first post. This place has become a hangout for me...I've never even considered any of my family have come here.

So tonight, my sister calls (a regular pioneer) and wants to know why am i apostate??? I said 'what do you mean' and she said that her hubby (a ms) was doing research on jw material and found the link to jw.com. He thought it was for jws and read some threads. He reads a post from me and tells my sister,'boy that looks like Deborah.' He does a search on me, finds out that I am from Alaska, etc and says, 'IT IS DEBORAH!!!' He shows my sis, my sis calls my two brothers, brothers tell all the family...

not that I am worried, I've got nothing to hide. But it kinda blew my cover...I liked getting jw info from her (the latest changes, etc) and have even gently brought up issues to talk about. Now she seems a bit angry with me. I dont think she'll be calling me back for awhile.

I'm busted!!!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hi Tera,

I wonder if they will read THIS post.

I think that is why some don't post their pic. They are afraid of the same thing happening to them with much more dire consequences.

Andee

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

terafera,

Sorry you were "busted." Perhaps now though you wont feel as if you are hiding something and this may take a little pressure off if you may have been stressed about it. What I find amusing is your brother-in-law saying that he heard from an apostate about the UN scandal and now he found you on an "apostate" site. Seems a little too convenient for me. Sounds to me like maybe he has been skimming these pages a little more then he wishes to be honest about, my opinion.

Hugs to you lady. Hopefully you and your sister will be talking in no time soon.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Awwwwwww....Tera...I have a similar problem. My mother is still a JW and she stumbled across this site...however she comforts herself by calling it a 'support site'....which in reality is all this is. Its an online support centre for jw and ex jw on related topics.

Its a tough situation to be in...but hopefully they will see that you're not evil, and that apostasy isn't what they think it is.

There are a lot of good things to be found on this forum that don't have a bible theme or aren't always 'anti'....general topics that relate to every day things.

I hope things go well for you Tera - if worst comes to worst...change your ID.

Beck

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

This proves my point that lots of JWs lurk here. I have also been found out!
    My sister made some comment to my parents about Marilyn (my real name)
    mixing with apostates on the internet. Geez, what a surprise! They disfed
    me for apostasy 20 yrs ago! So nothing to hide on my part - BUT isn't it curious
    that so many dubs are reading enough to spot a relative here! Mmmmmm!!!

• avengers
    avengers

This stumbling on to this site I don't buy anymore. 
    There's abundant proof that this site is being monitored by the JW's.
    Even though they say they don't it just means they're lying. 
    Probably Theocratic Warfare Tactics.
    Check this if you don't believe me.
    Proof that this site is being monitored
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23498&site=3

• 2SYN
    2SYN

But, why aren't they reading JustJWs? I mean, the pr0n there is much better than our tepid efforts over here! LOL!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think getting busted by JWs who claim to have "stumbled" on this site is a more realistic possibility than any reprisals from the rumoured monitors authorized by the Society.

If you don't want to be exposed as having participated here, I would just change your picture and "deny deny deny"...lol "It must be someone else from Alaska"...lol There's not much they could do then.

Path

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

I'm sure it won't take too long before you're talking again. If her husband continues to make research as he did. Anyway the number of lurkers keeps on increasing.

LL

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    If you don't want to be exposed as having participated here, I would just change your picture and "deny deny deny"...lol "It must be someone else from Alaska"...lol There's not much they could do then.

Yeah, after all, they don't have 2 witnesses.. You are innocent I tell ya, innocent <hehe>

It's possible that they *might* send an elder or two over to visit you, but as soon as you say you weren't here, they'll just drop the matter <laugh>

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 17 June 2002 7:27:9

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 17 June 2002 7:28:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit