What's the deal with not needing Bethelites?

by blacksheep 33 Replies latest social current

• abbagail
    abbagail

OK. I don't know what's happening, but twice I have tried to post the longer (more correct) link, and then nothing shows up in the actual post. Help! I'll try again. I am posting the link three times-in-a-row below. Is it showing up? /grits (PS: Granted, the link/URL is longer than one line. Is that what the problem is? I cut it in half to see if that will work, but you'll have to paste it in your browser to re-connect it.)

• abbagail
  • Igguana
    Igguana

Hi all,
    I've never posted here, just *lurked* now and then (feels like I know you : ) - I'm on a similar, smaller, site in Sweden.

Just wanna add some info to this topic. Apparently, one of the reasons 'they' stopped the subscriptions of WT and Awake is for people like us : ) to not get hold of them.
    One of the most well-respected xjv in Sweden, tried for months to subscribe and was not allowed. They know his name and address too well. He needs new info for his research on jv-history, doctrine and blood.
    He was told that only people interested in the truth are allowed to subscribe!

There is also evidence that Carl-Olof Jonssons research for his book on the Signs is being used by the society to justify its (slow) withdrawal from the 1914 doctrine.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

This Kingdom Hall ownership thing is certainly not the case in my area. The local corporation owns the Hall. I keep hearing this story about the Org owning the property but I've checked in more than one place and it's just not the case, at least not where I've checked.

I do know two guys that went to Bethel during the last year so apparently the intake hasn't completely dried up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit