There is no right and wrong

by campaign of hate 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Also I'm not trying to say that wars have NO political aspects to them. But morality is absolutely involved, especially now and admittedly less so in the past - tho it was at times. I would never say politics was absolutely not involved in world war 2 or civil war, but morality definitely was. That is my only point.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Thanks for reply.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I believe Lincoln's letter speaks for itself. He was politically for the Union at all cost but personally against slavery. His personal belief did not change his political aim or belief.

But a political aim of his politcal party was to abolish slavery. 😂

and they wanted to abolish it because of their belief it was wrong. 😂

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Of course slavery is wrong but though Lincoln believed it wrong he did not think the abolition of slavery was more important than the Union.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

In any event, regardless of how politics and morality interchange (a subject id love to read more about), my earlier posts stand to demonstrate that if religion affects morality it's only to poison it. What little good religion has done for morality may easily be attributed to our altruistic tendencies. But I see no reason to do this, let religion have what little good it's done because whatever positive morality may have come of religion you can garuntee it is drowning in an ocean of injustice and atrocity from the same source.

original point and back on topic: morality is an evolutionary development that does not rely at all on religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit