New Thought About Active J.W.'s

by The Searcher 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "It's official name is still 'circuit assembly'."

Has anyone ever called it a "circ-ass" before?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

respectful_observer - "The skits about Jesus are so cheesy and amatuerish, I couldn't help it."

So, we're in no danger of "WTStudios" taking Hollywood by storm, then...?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    It's funny. I predicted to a elder 5 or 6 years ago that we would have video streams from Bethel. He looked at me like I had three heads! He probably "mis-remembers" our conversation now.
  • freddo
    freddo

I would love to see a crumbling and withering of congs. But now with the "great expansion" of building ... I mean ... scrapping kingdom halls I think there will be amalgamating of congs. In larger towns and cities every 3 to 5 average congs can easily be made into 2 or 3 larger congs. That means less platform work for the Elders and MS's, less CO's needed. So the desperation for "brothers reaching out" is reduced in the short term.

Imagine 3 congs with a total of 20 elders - well that can be two congs with 10 in each.

The good thing is more chance for faders to go less noticed under the radar while the elders fight it out for the prominent jobs and take a while to settle in..

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I thought everyone is in the dark, but went to a meeting tonight (family/fade) and 2 things struck me:

the brother taking the book study kept trying to apologize if the scriptures we were highlighting made Jehovah sound harsh, 'could someone explain for anyone here for the first time that god is compassionate' and we can trust him to be merciful in the time of the end etc etc.

the brother doing the closing prayer mentioned the 1:1000 ratio of JWs on earth, saying we need to preach as much as possible so that more can be saved...

i thought, hmmm these 2 brothers are struggling with this....

• hoser
    hoser

In larger towns and cities every 3 to 5 average congs can easily be made into 2 or 3 larger congs.

A move like this might backfire on them and they know it. There is a reason why congregations are kept to a certain size. It is so elders can assess each publishers "spirituality" (aka guilt tripping the publishers).

If congregations were say 2 to 3 hundred publishers and there were 5 elders the majority would slack off.

A congregation is just like a hive of bees. If the honey isn't taken away regularly and the hive isn't divided the bees don't make as much honey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit