New Thought About Active J.W.'s

by The Searcher 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From my own observations & conversations with selected active J.W.'s, here are my conclusions:

J.W.'s are very rapidly falling into two distinct camps -

1) Those who are becoming more loyal & obedient to the G.B., more gullible, and more bitter toward those who aren't.

2) Those who are becoming alienated and disillusioned by the Org's reversals of doctrines, asking for money in virtually every piece of new literature and broadcast, and crucially, by their conscious fear of not being able to discuss such topics, because they'd be digging a grave for themselves.

Welcome to the "Spiritual Paradise Mk.2 - The end-game"!!!

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Searcher, you make some good observations there, and i would agree that this is the general consensus.

In my cong i would say the ratio is about 80/20 in favor of being loyal and gullible toward the GBs authority. But my cong is unusually conservative, so i'm guessing this ratio would be lower in other areas.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I just finished my RC and was thinking bout this very thing while sitting there. There were probably 30 movies played during the 3 days. I think that these movies were wildly successfull at deepening people's brainwashing. The vast majority are so deeply brainwashed and are showing no signs of waking up. When we see something like the money begging and are disgusted by it, they think " wow, what great counsel. I really need to get better about donating".
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Its my guess that they are preparing for meetings to be broadcast VIA headquarters.

1 public talk a month, then gradually work towards every week.

I heard one report it was something in the range of 40 vids at the RC? 40 VIDEOS! WTF?! And people are lapping it up.

It's just mental conditioning for what is to come, which is fully broadcast meetings, under the guise of being more unified. The sheeple won't even blink.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Imho I think that the brain drain on the peripheries of witnessdom; especially in NA; has finally taken full effect. Not many brothers are 'reaching out' to replace those older brothers who have been serving for decades. So good assembly speakers are becoming harder to find. Not to mention the attrition from others learning ttatt. Combine this with their need to have more control it only makes sense that video talks will increase more and more. Just wait till someone decides to hack them!!

Have a great one everybody

Kensei

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I agree.

I think that second group though is frightened or tired or something. And they will just do their time and follow cult rules until the croak. Content to wait on yhwh.

• done4good
    done4good

The second group is probably bigger than 20%. The problem is, the CD is affecting them such that, they appear to be of the first group. The zeal is their way of rationalizing away their doubts.

d4g

• oppostate
    oppostate

And yet there's another group. Perhaps even growing bigger in number more rapidly than those two other groups mentioned.

It's composed of JW's who are happy to do just enough that they derive a personal balance of service to the WT and meeting their own wants and social needs. Those are the ones who will be happy standing next to a literature cart. The ones who love get-togethers and who can blame them--it's good to have fun when your conscience is at peace with God.

The great group of followers who love the 30 hour specially reduced Auxiliary Pioneering occasions. Who thrive on Kingdom News flier campaigns. The ones that take long breaks in service and do return visits on the same people for years, especially on days when it isn't so sunny outside, or it's too cold or too hot.

This group pledges dedication to Jehovah God (actually to its self-proclaimed channel), but only within their comfort zone. They are mostly from foreign language congregations, mostly Spanish and Portuguese speaking, and who still hang on to their culture, music and dance--whose lyrics would sound too sensually charged and rhythmic movements way too romantically alluring for Anglo JW's.

Throughout Watchtowerdom, their numbers are increasing. They've come out mostly from Roman Catholicism--which doesn't speak to them as it had to previous generations. The ritual pomposity and pedantic theatricality of the old Roman religion is no match for the brainwashing, easy to "study" literature that reinforces their feeling of belonging and acceptance.

This sort of JW may just bring down the WT or cause a reformation. Their idea of Listen Obey and Be Blessed includes a deep belief that Jesus is their mediator, more relaxed attitude towards the urgency of the preaching work, less shunning of close relatives, more striving for a better job and economic advancement for their families.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

oppostate -

I think you're right, but I would argue that this larger group is very much at risk of falling into category #2. That's exactly how it went with me, anyway. The more they try to assert control and impose guilt on everyone, and the more that's asked to prove loyalty (all the while there's nothing but failed doctrine coming out of the WT) the more people will move from the apathetic group to the disillusioned group.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Oppostate

i think u mostly nailed it There are tons of dubs like this They believe fully, but have no desire to be elders. This was me and now a few years later I am fully awake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit