Return to Jehovah Photo

by naazira 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

When the shepherd takes the lost sheep back to the flock, will he have that sheep separated (disfellowshipped) from the rest for a year or two as a punishment?

As someone said: "Let's review it, It's a cult"

• Lieu
    Lieu

Why would they use a shepherd to rep God? Oh I forgot, silly me, they don't know Christ.

Odd how the WTBTS equates itself to God.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"The sheep is bewildered. Somehow, while nibbling grass in the pasture, it got separated from the other sheep. Now, it can see neither the flock nor the shepherd. Darkness approaches. Lost in a valley where predators roam, the sheep is defenseless. Finally, it hears a familiar voice—that of the shepherd, who runs toward the sheep, picks it up, wraps it in the folds of his garment, and carries it home." (Return to Jehovah)

OK, here is my attempt:

Andre the Sheep was born into "the flock", and taught from an early age that his "flock" alone was the "true flock" and that all outside of the flock were evil, dangerous and doomed.

One day though, Andre the sheep noticed that things just were not 'right' within the flock. Many things didn't add up. He observed conduct that was strange, and found that his brain could no longer rationalise the things he was taught to believe with his developing, logical mind. He asked his parent sheep questions, and was told to "wait on the great shepherd, and to stop being rebellious and self-willed". Then he noticed that many of the flock seemed to be having moments of enlightenment too.

The final moment though came when Andre the sheep watched as his close friend was mauled by oppressive wolves and thrown outside of the flock all for asking questions of the shepherds. He knew then that it was time for him to become a "full grown sheep with his power of reason" and take a decisive step to free himself both mentally, emotionally and physically from the damaging cult-like flock!"

Andre the sheep now lives happily - safe in the knowledge that he has now found the REAL LIFE!"

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The sheep is bewildered. Somehow, while nibbling grass in the pasture, it got separated from the other sheep. Now, it can see neither the flock nor the shepherd. Darkness approaches. Lost in a valley where predators roam, the sheep is defenseless. Finally, it hears a familiar voice—that of the shepherd, who runs toward the sheep, picks it up, wraps it in the folds of his garment, and carries it home for the congregation barbecue.

• punkofnice
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sad, but true!

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

The problem here is subtle, yet powerfully deceiving: We are not to follow men. This illustration shows "a man." The man represents "religious organization" NOT the INVISIBLE God or His INVISIBLE SON our true Head and Master. (1 Cor 11:3)

What this illustration is really saying is: "Return to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society" and follow what it teaches.

There is a vast difference between being "membered" with a religious organization and being "membered" with Christ. We are to "attach" ourselves (member ourselves) with Christ, NOT with religious organizations that men establish and arrogantly claim come from God.

If a married (membered) woman attaches herself to another man, she becomes an adulterer.

If any of us attach or member ourselves with anyone or anything other than our Master Christ, we become adulterers.

Sadly, the world takes upon itself fancy names and titles such as Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventist, Catholics, Lutherans, etc. Name and titles Christ never used or told us to take upon ourselves. Christ NEVER told us to be called "Christians" either! He told us to simply be known as "his disciples" and to make other disciples. He did not say go out and make Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventist, Catholics, Lutherans, etc.

Yet, when one takes upon himself a name or title other than "disciple of Christ" that person becomes an adulterer. The title they take identifies who they are "membered" with and who their owner is.

Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventist, Catholics, Lutherans and all of the other denominations are NOT disciples of Christ. Their fancy titles identify or mark who they answer to and who is their "true" owner and Head.

For example, the WTBTS and the Governing Body is the true owner and Head of JWs. The Pope for Catholics, etc.

Not once do we read of Jesus EVER calling His God and Father Jehovah. Jehovah is a made up name that an organization took upon itself to promote as God's name. Yet, Jesus never used a name.

Even in prayer, Jesus never used a name. He addressed his God as "Father." All of those instances of the name "Jehovah" in the Bible - especially the NWT were added.

Yet, it is men and their organizations, not God and Christ, that is being promoted and the masses are being cleverly corralled into so that they can be controlled, captives, burdened down, made fearful and dependent upon "The Organization."

Christ never made or makes one fearful and burdened down.

The WTBTS and indeed all religion on this planet has failed miserably to properly represent God and His Messiah.

Like the people in Nimrods day who settled in the valley in the land of Shinar, the WTBTS has built a "city" (The Organization) with a proverbial tower (The Governing Body) at the top and they have made a celebrated name for THEMSELVES: Jehovah's Witnesses. The organization seeks to be worshiped and it maintains that "IT" is the way to the Father. (Read the Baptismal Vow).

That baptismal vow (I took 25 years ago) said that I cannot be a worshiper of God unless I associate myself with the organization and become a JW. So the organization is saying that it is THE WAY to the Father.

All JWs are familiar with the expressions "In the truth" or "Are you in the truth?" These mean one is member of the WTBTS. Well, this implies that the WTBTS hails itself as THE TRUTH.

All JW have an idea what being in a "spiritual paradise" is. This means that being membered with the WT organization places one in such a "paradise" where they feast on "spiritual food" from meeting attendance, field service, etc. It is a "lifestyle" all JW adopt. Well, this is saying that the WTBTS is THE LIFE.

Yet, Jesus said at John 14:6:

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Yet, an organization has made itself all of those things and has been able to turn many into adulterers with the name another - other than disciple of Christ - attached to themselves.

Only if the world listens to Christ when he said to the Devil:

Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through God’s mouth. (Not religious organizations mouth)
    Only if the world would listen and obey God's command given at Luke 9:35:

This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him. (Not religious organization who is NOT my Head)
    No, I would never worship, revere or serve the religious organizations of men. I worship the Father in Heaven and serve only ONE Master, Christ Jesus.
    And neither will I become an adulterer - become unfaithful to my Master by taking upon myself the name of another wanting to be my Head, Master and Lord over me. Namely, religious organizations. I reject their fancy titles that neither God or Christ commanded them to take.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    What Shepherd's do when they can't get a woman
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

Yes but what the WT never ever mentions is that the Shepard was not keeping sheep as pets but rather to take way their coat and eat!

Its a rather good analogy of what the GB want to do to the rank and file... Strip them of everything and then consume them!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Shepherds are not there for the benefit of the sheep.

Shepherds are there to ensure the sheep arrive safely at the slaughtering table.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit