And scrape off the paint from the face of a little town saint

(c) Oh, and our good times started then

without dollar one to spend

But how much baby do we really need

(d) I'm afraid that I'm not sure of

a love there is no cure for

• COMF
    COMF

Dang it, I turn my back for an afternoon and you folks are all guessing the ones I know before I get back! LOL

Nevertheless:

2-And talk was small when they talked at all
    They both knew what they wanted

Third Rate Romance (Low Rent Rendezvous) - Can't remember the name of the band

(6) Your sperm's in the gutter, your love's in the sink (what a give away!!!)

It's a giveaway if you've heard the song, all right, and when it was a hit it was played until I was sick of it. Thick as a Brick, Jethro Tull

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Mac,C is Daydream Believer-originally from The Monkees,I think...I know the Anne Murray version better

COMF,yep Third Rate Romance by the Amazing Rhythm Aces...anyone remember them?My brother loved them-the album Too Stuffed To Jump with the bloated frog on a motorcycle on the cover...he wore out more than one of those

Cowboy

Edited by - Cowboy on 6 July 2002 1:34:57

• COMF
    COMF

Plum, you need to get some kind of award for that Bobby Bare tune. I've heard it a thousand times or more, but I didn't recognize it. That was Bare's biggest hit. Man, there's flies on me for missing that one! Good call.

Arite, you psychedelic freaks. You have to give album title as well as song title on these, or you're a goober.

1. The killer awoke before dawn
      He put his boots on
      He took a face from the ancient gallery and he
      Walked on down the hall
    2. When the still sea conspires an armor,
      And her sullen and aborted currents breed tiny monsters,
      True sailing is dead!
    3. Are you a lucky little lady in The City of Light
      Or just another lost angel...City of Night
    4. Yeah, all your love is gone
      So sing a lonely song
      Of a deep blue dream
      Seven horses seem
      To be on the mark
    (Edited for formatting)

Edited by - COMF on 6 July 2002 1:39:21

• Mac
    Mac

Hey Comf,

I love those Val Kilmer songs!!!

You might just want to check your lyrics on No.4 (mark?) You just might be a Goober! LOL I'll give some of the others some time while I drop a couple of Purple Barrels. and watch the candle burn up my room as the speaker cords turn into snakes!!! What the hell are you doing up so late, anyway?

• Mac
    Mac

Cowboy,

I like the Anne Murray version better myself. But, didn't Davey play a mean tamborine? LOL

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

LOL@COMF

Are ya Sure you gave enough clues there Mac?

Here are some additional lyrics to my earlier post:

(3) Finished with my woman 'cause she wouldn't help me with my mind

People think that I'm insane 'cause I am frowning all the time

OZZY (Black Sabath) Paranoid

"LA Women" and Don't cha Love her madly "The Doors"

The album I'm almost 100% positive it's L.A. Woman" The daybu of the song also wasn't it?

there was something about the release of that song.

I've got a LOT of catching up to do.!

plum

debut debut debut debut debut is that sad or what.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 6 July 2002 4:57:39

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

OK, gang, time's up. Guess I was just too tough for y'all! Being the generous soul that I am, I'll assuage your curiosity by giving the answers to the lyrics I posted a few days ago that no one got (except for one):

1. While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
    It would be easier sometimes to change the past.
    Fountain of Sorrow, by Jackson Browne
    2. I am the midnight watchman down at Miller's Tool and Die; I watch the metal rusting, I watch the time go by.
    A Better Place To Be, by Harry Chapin (Mac got this one)
    3. Standing beside you, midwinter's day, hearts beating close together; Wishing that we'd find some way to make this moment last forever.
    Sketches, by Dan Fogelberg, from the Nether Lands album
    4. Known him all my life, and his wife, 'neath the swaying pine, and the clinging vine.
    Old Man Took, by America
    5. The bricks lay on Grand Street, where the neon madmen climb...

Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again, by Bob Dylan (can't believe someone didn't get this).

Shall I post some more tough ones?

• COMF
    COMF

I'm a Dan Fogelberg fan, Neon, but I don't have the Nether Lands album. Actually, I don't have anything but a CD compilation anymore... the albums went the way of all vinyl some time back. I had The Innocent Age and whatever that other one was, that had the drawing of the angel in chains with no eyes on the cover. Captured Angel, maybe?

Anyway, if it wasn't from one of those two and wasn't a hit, I wouldn't recognize the lyrics.

Plum, you are right on with LA Woman and Love Her Madly. Take a swipe at those other Val Kilmer tunes, while I take a tab and a half of Orange Double-Dum with Mac.

Mac - lyrics - on the mark? Well, yeah... those lyrics are Robbie's, not Jim's, unless my memory's failing (a distinct possibility) but they're as obscure (to me, anyway) as anything that ever squirmed its way out of Jimmy's toadlike brain. But seven horses would be on the mark, wouldn't they? As in, the mark of the starting line of a race?

Edited by - COMF on 6 July 2002 13:11:39

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yes, Comf, I think it was Captured Angel. Personally, I always thought Nether Lands was Fogelberg's best album, with The Innocent Age a close second. Alas, they're all buried in the 100 boxes of stuff in my cellar (vinyl versions - I still have over 1000 LP's).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit