Name the song from a snippet of lyric

by Simon 623 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mac
    Mac

Neon,

Damn, I was so hoping that wasn't Chapin because I am never going to get it. It reminds me of Corie's Coming meets WOLD with no railway station or DJ,s

Yep that,s Zappa, but now you,ve got me wondering about the correct title.

BTW: I once went to a Chapin show at a very small , intimate theatre where he was about 45 minutes late. The driver didn't know how to get to our small town from Chicago after they got off the plane. He came running in with snow still on his coat and guitar in it's case. He tuned his guitar as he apologised and went on to play 2 hours and 45 minutes without a break. People were waiting to get in for the second show which He launched right into as soon as we left. What a guy!, I sure miss him.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Harry was something, all right. I saw him once in concert at Smith College, a pretty intimate auditorium, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (probably second only to Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue). Afterward, he went outside and signed programs. The money from the programs was being donated to a charity he supported, so I bought one, got him to sign it and shook his hand. A few years later, he was gone. But I still have the program.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 3 July 2002 1:9:18

• Mac
    Mac

Neon,

I believe the charity was called World Hunger League or something similar. He founded it and it still carries on today. His spirit still lives!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"Before you cross the street, take my hand. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Spice...Sorry but d. was the only one I reconized and couldn't guess it but Duh...I have the CD. I think the last time I played it was when I bought it.

Mac....LedZepplin...I need a few more min. on the title. I know i'm getting old now cuz I was NEVER this bad at getting lyrics.

shout halliluya.......

oooohhhhooohhhooooohhhoooohhooohooKickass song too.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 3 July 2002 8:15:0

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The Last two songs nobody guessed. rolls eyes. {;)]

That makes 5 songs.

Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide
    Don't try denyin' livin' on the other side
    All your life you were on your own
    America:Dont Cross The River

I -- will be watching over you
    I -- am gonna help you see it through
    I -- will protect you in the night
    I -- am smiling next to you .. in Silent Lucidity

QUEENSRYCHE

Silent Lucidity

Edited by - plmkrzy on 3 July 2002 8:6:37

• COMF
    COMF

On we sweep, with threshing oar
    Our only goal will be the western shore

Yas, yas indeed... but isn't it "From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow"?

I'll let Plum work on the title some more.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

IMAGRANT SONG!

ThankGAWD im not completely brain dead yet.

Thanks for waitin' COMF

Edited by - plmkrzy on 3 July 2002 16:41:14

• Mac
    Mac

Comf,

Of course it is. Why do you think I included that disclaimer? LOL I was pretty sure they were'nt quite right and I knew you were going to let me know about it. Actually it,s kind of sad because it was off of the first rock album I ever purchased as a kid.

Plum,

Good job (and you were feeling bad about not remembering lyrics!)

• shadowfang
    shadowfang
    If I could be any other
    I would please make the devil my lover
    burn my eyes burn my eyes burn my eyes

It's got me, It's got me, gotta go gotta go gotta goho...

Hint:From from a soundtrack

ShadowFang

Edited by - shadowfang on 3 July 2002 18:19:36

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit