Looking back and a-longing for the freedom of my chains

Cowboy

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

BTW plm....Willie Nelson what???

Cowboy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    LMAO@Cowboy. after reading Pope's last post all I could think of was Willie Nelson. He wrote the song "What was it you wanted" But he sang it on his Internal Revenue CD I think? The CD he made with several performers along with Dylon? can't remember. it hurts now Im going to go watch T.V.
    I thought the 2nd one maybe "What was it you wanted" but that has the other line about "When you were kissing his cheek".....DAMN!!! I need more time!!!!
    Pope
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy

LOL-Ok plm

Cowboy

Edited by - Cowboy on 24 June 2002 1:42:41

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Whats really scary is that I knew exactly what plm meant! Willie does a cover of that song on Across the Borderline CD from 1993 or so.

Does that mean I am krzy too???

Pope

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Pope;

BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

Yes, those are tough ones, aren't they? But take your time, I'm in no hurry. They are bonafide Dylan songs, though. (One of them he even recorded himself on an album - the other he has only played in concert but was recorded by someone else).

BTW, plmkrzy, Dylan wrote What Was It You Wanted and Willie Nelson did a cover of it, not the other way around.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 24 June 2002 10:1:32

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Cowboy...isnt it something about Lyin' in your lovin' arms again? Can't think of the singer though.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Yep Auntie Jane,Loving Arms is the title...I'm thinking the first hit with it was Kris Kristoferson...I used the lyrics from the Dixie Chicks,though.

Cowboy

edited because I can't spell

Edited by - Cowboy on 25 June 2002 0:37:1

• COMF
    COMF

Valis: Arlo Guthrie, The Motorcycle Song

Cowboy: Yeah, I've heard the Mellencamp song, but I'm not a big fan of his so I only hear him on the radio. You got me on that one. Now about this new one... I've played that song many times. One of the bands I was in used to do it. But I'm like AuntieJane, I can remember that next line, but not the title or the artist. Well, poop.

• COMF
    COMF

Arite, Cowboy, let's find out who's a real cowboy.

Now I've got (song title), a jukebox, and a barstool
    And my new home has a flashing neon sign
    Drop by and see me any time you want to
    Cuz I'm always here at home til closing time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit