Support forum for those abused in WTS

by Lady Lee 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• waiting
    waiting

echoes? Hello? Hello?

Btw, the jw kid who works for me knows I have a slight fascination with the mechanics of memory. He told me that Deja Vu was actually a "mind glitch" somewhat. His explanation of their explanation: "The mind, when processing information, sometimes glitches in that it repeats a frame. Then when the person actually goes through the experience (walking down the street etc), it's felt that it's a re-occurence of an earlier experience."

I was quite impressed - and asked *exactly* where he learned that. "The Awake!" Then I said there was a lot of theory about the mind & memory - but was still being researched, as it was somewhat of "black box" because of the essence of invisibility. Then he laughed and said that the Awake! probably mentioned that this was a "theory."

I think that's part of the problem with lots of stuff.........from theory to fact within one repeating. Did think it was interesting, however.

Just my chatty way of bttt

waiting

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hi waiting I figured there might be a few people who want a safe place to talk in light of the Panorama show. If so please email me for the URL and passwords

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Lee,

Good point! I followed one of the many clicks to the BBC Panorama program & watched it on my computer through Real Player........even though I was a JW woman for 30 years, I was put to silence. I've read about these victims, my daughter is one of these victims - but I had no idea of the ATTITUDE of the WTBTS towards it's followers.

I was shamed by the policemen who helped these children. They were strangers to these sexual abuse victims - but they helped them. Their own jw families and their own jw elders did NOTHING for them. The WTBTS covered for these men - knew what they were doing to these children.

To any who are reading this - welcome here and/or to Lady Lee's place. By the way, Lee's Place is small, quiet, and quite safe to speak out.

Welcome - there are many of us.

waiting

• Kismet
    Kismet

Just an FYI in this regard. A special forum was set up at H20 for survivors of abuse as well.

Feel free to use this as a resource Lee as you see fit.

http://www.aimoo.com/h2o

Scroll down to the Oasis Forum about half way down the page.

Thanks Lee for all your efforts!

Kismet

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Waiting

for so many year - decades I thought I was alone. It was just my family in the WTS that was so screwed up. I am stunned there are so many similar caes. They led me to believe that I was an isolted case. Just like the abuser who convinces one sister he isn't abusing the other sister the WT is no better. They tried to convince each one of us we were alone.

Well victims grow up and the truth comes out and once the sisters (and brothers) start talking they is not too many places to continue to hide. They will try but it won't work anymore. There are too many of us speaking out

Silent No More

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you Kismet I had forgotten about the Oasis. It is available for those who need it. For those who require a little more privacy feel free to contact me. These new forums are entirely closed to the public and cannot been seen or read by anyone without the URL and passwords.

It is wonderful that there are so many options now. When I left the borg there was nothing (at least that I knew of)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Some new people may still need to see this

• Imbue
    Imbue

Lady Lee a closed forum for abuse victims is just wonderful because these open boards aren't a safe place to share. No doubt there are many others that will come forward to share their experiences in a closed forum.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hope so Imbue. The forum is available for those who are still in or who don't want family or friends to know they are posting. And for many just knowing there is privacy to say what they want (for some it will be the first time) is really important

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Might be time to push this back up to the top since there are so many new people here who might be interested

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit