The Truman Show

by ballistic 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Funny I posted about that show almost a year ago. I really identified with the main character, and still do in some ways. I have changed a lot since I left the borg, but ahh well here's the link anyway.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7047&site=3

Ven

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Hi Ballistic

Im with you on this, I watched "The Truman Show" for the first time a few weeks ago on TV, and it really struck me how much I related with Truman.

My absolute favorate part of the movie is when his "creator" is trying ot convince him not to leave and Truman says:

"In case I don't see you, Good afternoon, Good Morning and Good Night"

Love it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

bttt

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Oh puhleeeeeease! Next you'll be arguing over the spiritual and theological value of the Scooby Doo movie! (Srappy Doo left beside the road should have been the last you saw of the Demon Puppy, IMO)

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL Stephanus, It is geeky now you mention it, I suppose that's why.

• ballistic
    ballistic

If it wasn't for those medling kids!!!

• ekruks
    ekruks

The first time I watched this film, I indentified strongly with Truman, and felt I was living in a bubble - but it took a little while before I saw exactly why the film made me so uncomfortable. I guess many people get uncomfortable and run away from the facts; it's just too overwhelming. A lot of us comment on stress-related illness; well, I think avoiding the facts can be a way to avoid a breakdown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit