YOU ARE A BUNCH OF ADMIRABLE WINNERS!

by Thirdson 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

If no one is going to say so…then I will!

Those of us who spent a good portion of our lives as slaves to the printing corporation in Brooklyn do well to reflect on our achievements. We have managed to break the cult shackles and get past the guilt barrier. We are building happy, successful lives. We are enjoying the human things in life, good times, celebrations, holidays, and our families. We don’t worry about measuring success by field service time, magazine placements or Bible studies. We don’t measure success by just the material things on life. We measure success in our freedom. Our freedom from imposed guilt, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom to love and be loved for who we are and freedom of belief and worship.

If we have escaped with limited emotional and mental scarring we have done well and can be counted successful.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

Edited by - Thirdson on 2 March 2001 0:57:50

• waiting
    waiting

You go boy.

Where'd you picture go, btw?

waiting

• Latte
    Latte

Thirdson,

TOO RIGHT!!

Latte

• LDH
    LDH

Thank you...your words needed to be seen.

• justbeingafriend
    justbeingafriend

I am new to the post..been learning about JW for a while now..visiting various websites and chat rooms..never been a jw..have a friend that is one..that is what made me search for answers since he never had the time to chat with me..only communication is through e-mail..I am happy for all those that have left the organization..God is the one to follow not men....and doesn't God say to love everyone..unconditionally? I welcome any comments..

justbeingafriend

• AuSet
    AuSet

Justbeingafriend,
    welcome to the board. I am really new here also, but as I was raised in the JW's I can maybe give you a piece of advice for how to help your friend.
    Don't try to convert this person or pull them out by force. Just let them know that you will not judge them on their beliefs and will always be there for them. Even though you may not realize it, this person needs you as an outside force in their lives, they need to know you will support them unconditionally.
    Had I been lucky enough to have more "wordly" friends myself, I may not have crashed as hard as I did when I left the organization. The more support systems a person who is a Witness can develop outside of the organization, the better.

As for everyone else who has left the organization, I would be interested in hearing the specifics of your success stories! I think its amazing that we are still alive and functioning! As I am going to be graduating with my BS in social work this semester, and am going on to graduate school this fall, this topic is at the forefront of my mind. How did you learn to survive, what helped you, what direction/focus has your life taken? I agree with Thirdson: the most precious thing we have is our freedom!

• unanswered
    unanswered

i thank you for the positive note, thirdson. most of us here like to be encouraged, and it can't happen to much. thanks

• philo
    philo

Thanks for the support Thirdson,

philo

• justbeingafriend
    justbeingafriend

AuSet..Thanks for you response to my post..through e-mails I continually tell my friend that I am there for them..unconditionally..for I was his friend before I found out he was a jw... due to fact that I am not a jw..our communication is way down..he avoids what I want to talk about..our beliefs....I just pray that something I say in a e-mail gets him to thinking..at this point that is all I can do..By the way AuSet..what made you leave the wts?

justbeingafriend

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

We don’t worry about measuring success by field service time, magazine placements or Bible studies. We don’t measure success by just the material things on life. We measure success in our freedom. Our freedom from imposed guilt, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom to love and be loved for who we are and freedom of belief and worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit