what DO current Jws say at doors?

by sowhatnow 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Greener
    Greener

In the last year all they do is leave a tract in the mailbox at the end of the driveway, and they don't call here as frequently as they used to. They used to leave the WT/Awake insert with me.

I left 20 years ago, and I moved into the country to a farm, not knowing until last year that my next door neighbors were JWs!!! They have moved now. I met the lady of the house a week before they moved.

I ask my sister who is still in, what are they actually teaching in the Ministry School and Service Meeting? If I ask her a question on doctrine or beliefs and the changes, she says I should ask an elder?? Well aren't you a minister? I ask. Its weird. The GB must have their heads spinning around with all the new light, vague light, and no light from Brooklyn or Bethel, that they can't keep up or explain very much.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    It DOES appear that they are trying to 'dumb-down', and rely on literature and the All-Powerful JWOrg....
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think that now they do have an intelligible message in their head, unless they are a very old-school JW, as old as me say.

The JW's these days rely on the JW website to refer people to, knowing that if, just suppose, a person was interested enough to ask for a "Bible Study" , it would not be them personally asked to call back, but a pioneer or someone perceived to be competent by the Service Overseer.

The GB are happy with this as it keeps the cult members too busy to think, and they are now less likely than ever to come across opposing views. The younger ones have probably never had their beliefs and their world-view challenged at the door.

Retention is likely to be a little better than in the past because of this further Information Control.

Hit with a tract/leaflet and then and run is the sum total of most JW's "ministry".

Mind you, if us wicked householders do not respond to this presentation of the Good News, we are going down at Armageddon. What a joke they are !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Hey, check out our cool new website on my cool new tablet!"
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my mom says that they preach the kingdom and how by knowing God and his purpose for man, that we can live forever on a paradise earth.

but, if you look at  what the bible says the message was,   that wasn't it. 

and if anyone preaches a different message, let him be coursed!

so by preaching an earthly  kingdom, and living forever in a paradise on earth,, which was the first LIE satan told eve, they are in fact going contrary to what the bible says. 

my mother has been a jw for 52 years and she led one couple into this religion when she was in her early 30's.

after that, nothing ever came of her  field service. and im sure her experience is not unique. me? 28 years of house to house resulted in nothing but anxiety. 

I always thought it was way way out of place, for a person to show up at someones door and insinuate they are ignorant.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Sample Presentations from the KM:

“We are making brief visits to talk aboutGod. We know that everyone has his own opin-ion about God. Do you think that most peo-ple view him as an impersonal force of natureor as a friend who cares about them personal-ly? [Allow for response.] This Bible verse tellsus what kind of relationship God wants us tohave with him. [Read James 4:8a.] This maga-zine outlines  three things that we can do to feelcloser to God.”
    Some of them say to offer a tract with the link to jw site on them.
  • coalize
    coalize
    At least something who didn't change since 20 years : the shitty sample presentations who can't work, never!
  • cofty
    cofty

"We are making brief visits to talk about Go..." [door slams]

• steve2
    steve2

You mean they still actually say something at the door? 

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    i used to say... "i hope they're not home"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit