what DO current Jws say at doors?

by sowhatnow 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I mean, anyone with a real bible and half a brain doesn't need to log onto a website and read nonsense.

its not a bible study when you present someone a book or magazine to read along in.

its not the gospel, when its not about jesus

so what is being pushed in the service meeting to be done at doors?

and with what result expected?

I mean it would have been more successful if people who are believers in Jesus, [Christians]  simply went to a door

knocked on it, and said to the householder

'do you accept Jesus as Lord and savior?'

if the answer is yes, then say

May you have peace my brother [or sister] and have a nice day!

if the answer is no, then say

perhaps you may wish to consult your bible to find out about him, this is my mission. thank you,

and have a nice day.

ta da.

lol

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    Try speaking to one-0 instead of hiding behind the curtains.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I've been wondering lately about that same question. When I was an uber-dub and really believed the end was imminent, I had no problem going out in service and talking with people because I thought their lives were at stake. I always talked about something serious; I never just placed an Awake featuring an article on the history of roller skates.

But now, with all the false alarms, failed prophecies, JWs' seemingly becoming ever more irrelevant... I wonder what they talk about in the ministry. What is their message? Is it "We're right; You're wrong. You should come and listen to, obey, and be blessed by the slave."? What do they tell people now?

• kairos
    kairos

Looking back, what ever was "our message"?

There are people that shun me who likely are unable to express their own hope, let alone teach it from the scriptures.

On the odd occasion when my wife listens to the meeting over the phone, I cringe when a demonstrated field service presentation is heard. Total opposite of what really happens at 99.9% of the doors. Painful. 

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What do they tell people now?

At Starbucks they say: "I'll have a Pumpkin Spice Latte".

That's typically the only live person they'll see all morning.

Doc

• Ding
    Ding
    Maybe they hand out jw.org cards and move on...
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

what DO current Jws say at doors?

That Was A Hard Question..

I Have To Go Now!..... I`m Busy!!..

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

The last witnesses at my door just left me a tract and said they were presenting them in the neighborhood they said and their free!  It was just a couple of barely 20 something, sisters. 

Christmas eve day I was sitting in my man cave downstairs and the doorbell rang and by the time I got upstairs there was nobody there, I then heard the automatic garage door open and and my wife drove her car in and she said there were a couple of older gentlemen here. What did  they want ? I said I don't  know they were gone pretty fast and there was a tract in the mail box.

The dubs around here don't know me btw.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Sigh.

Such pretense.

I use the KJV at the door, and ask them if they ever read what, for example, Jesus said at Matt 5:5, or what the ancient Hebrew prophet Daniel foretold at Dan 2:44- and more.

Some are just BEGINNING to preach- thus your childish jives.

Maggy- don't you remember the scriptures ENCOURAGE us to keep that Day "Close in Mind"? Know WHY?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

'Outlaw', you're an idiot.

ASK me a "tough" question....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit