Is apostate an appropriate term for us?

by sleepy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Let's not forget that many JDubs are themselves apostates. How so? Because they have "stood away or apart from" their former religious affiliations. Ironically, the WTS literature is full of advice to members of "Babylon the Great" to separate themselves and come to "Jehovah's organisation for salvation" i.e. to apostasise.

Cheers,

Ozzie (of the TRUE-freedom lovers class)

• Grout
    Grout

Not only am I an apostate, I'm a godless heathen!

Pass the beer.

• gumby
    gumby

All of the Christianized Jews were Apostates. They left Judaism for christ.

Paul, was a major Apostate.

The ONLY time the word bothers me is when it comes from a loyal dub who says something like..."they are leaving the truth'and becoming an APOSTATE. When the dubs use the word.....it makes my skin crawl!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

The word doesn't bother me...however I'd rather be called GODDESS of the pagans!

But I'd settle for just being callled Carol.

• Princess
    Princess

My husband prefers heretic.

Finnrot, if you don't mind a bit of a drive, there will be an apostafest on August 3 in the Seattle area. Lots of people are coming!

Rachel

• finnrot
    finnrot

Thanx Princess.

I need to break in a new car with a nice long drive, that should do it.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Maybe we're APOSTLE-TATES, since we're preaching for the demise of the Tower>

-BONEZZ

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

they can call me whatever they want... i really don't care.

The ApostateRelease Year: 1999
    Cast: Dennis Hopper, Richard Grieco, Efrain Figueroa (">more)
    Director: William Gove
    Categories: Thriller
    Rated: R (Not For Children ) Running Time: 105 minutes
    DVD Features: Apostate [P&S]

Cast

A man of the cloth finds his faith challenged both by the death of one of his closest relatives and the aftermath of the crime in this thriller. When a man is murdered under mysterious circumstances, his brother, a Catholic priest (Richard Grieco), decides to start his own investigation with the help of his uncle, a detective, in hopes of tracking down the killer. His search for the truth leads him into a local artists' community, but the more he learns, the most he's troubled by what he finds. The Apostate also stars Dennis Hopper, Kristin Miller, and Efrain Figueroa. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
    'richard greico as a catholic priest'? there's a stretch
  • JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Gumby,

No, that is not true. Apostasy must be understood in context. The Jews that still believed in the Law were apostate according to Paul and not as you suggest.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 14 June 2002 14:11:28

Edited by - JosephMalik on 14 June 2002 14:12:24

• RR
    RR

I say you guys are handicap. A better name would be "spiritually-challenged." lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit